lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2015, 12:18 PM   #11
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Stretching, and re-shocking my cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
E-Z-RIDER I used wooden washers that I made for my first lift, , I used them on top so they wouldn't get wet, they worked for a while until I needed to go higher then I used the pipe, a total of 3 inches, one on top and one on the bottom, just dropped them on an the weight of the cart and the springs and shocks held them in place...if you would like, PM me your address and I'll send you the pipe, use all 3 inches or you can just put one on for 1 1/2 inch lift..let me know..

ironmonkey,

Although I tremendously appreciate the offer, I have materials coming out the yin-yang lol.

Your method is good no doubt, what I want to do is install a newer, longer heavy-duty spring so I can raise two or three extra (depending on need) inches.
I already have shocks that can accommodate the present lift (3-1/2") and can also handle the extra travel for 3" more, utilizing no tubes.
The extension that came with the lift kit is perfect for tryout, lifting more, or adjust for final result, so I can then weld in proper brackets to eliminate shock and spring risers for minimal attachment points.

All of this will depend on the wheels and how they need to clear once I get them.

My shock riser (rear) is a square tube which raises the shock, and the spring lift is like your round tube with a bigger tube outside of it, holding the spring up higher.

I personally do not like tubes or square stock to raise anything, never mind the loose spring at the top (call me picky,) so I started with the front and omitted the shock riser through using longer shocks and new mounts as you can see in some of the pics.

For the rear shocks, I will fab a mount that will replace the riser and the stock mounting bracket which will have extra mount holes in them for adjustment to haul stuff or for no-load driving once I have the travel and height figured out. Think of a pyramid channel in place of the original welded bracket with two or three mounting holes.

My reasons for doing that are simply because I do not like any extra joints in anything that has to carry me or hold me, from experiences with pain and broken bones .
As usual, I go overboard on designing and over thinking, but it's a blast and keeps me out of trouble lol.

I am in the middle of being busy organizing a new years party with my friends (every year,) and doing projects, so it will take a bit to get parts pieces and time to complete this thing, but hang in and I'll post pics and progress as I go.

In the meantime, I wish you a happy new year and God speed.
Regards, E.Z.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #12
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I understand your thinking, do it right the first time, much neater, safer, less chance for mechanical failure down the line. I on the other hand like to throw something together jump on the buggy and go and worry about a permanent fix later on. (and I'm cheap) lol.. good luck on the build and the party.. Have a great Holiday..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 06:13 PM   #13
E-Z-RIDER
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ironmonkey,

I did have a good time, we have this little group of buddies and we always find the good thing in being together in the shop.
This time it was celebrating New years, and after the women got slightly inebriated they all sat together and had a blast, giving us the authority to get to work on fun machines (like always.)

Us guys got to talking on carts, mowers, blowers and did some serious drinking and we ended up working on said machines and finally ended up dragging two of the slightly lame and hurt old snow machines inside to be dissected and genetically altered.
I was given one of them, just more stuff to have fun with.

I was also given snowblower, and after a few things like points and a condenser we had that blowing the yard and drive out in no time, whooping and hollering while the rest of the party looked on. We even had a few bikes out and had fun with those too.

As for doing things cheap and easy, I'm right in there with you and agree with having fun while working on things.

The golf cart is going to take a bit more time to finish, and on that, I am taking my time to do it right. I'm spending a fair bit of money on it, so I need it to be in good shape before I go out and get wild with it lol. I have at least three women booked for a wild tour through the bush with it, they get excited too because they are just as crazy as the rest of us.

Thanks for the wishes, and you have a wonderful time too, cheers.
I'll be back!

Regards, E.Z.
E-Z-RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO