lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Talking seat issues.. sounds lame, but true.

I am trying to re upholster my 06 club car seats. The upholstery part is no big deal. My issue is that the bolts have rusted in place. A few came out. The others just spin because the "wood tacked nut" has broke loose of the wood and are spinning. The good Ole dremel will take care of that no problem. My issue is, am I really about to have to replace the whole wood piece because of this small issue? Do I have to build this piece or is there somewhere I can buy just the wood ready to foam and cover? Do I have a way of fixing this? Thanks
Justintroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: seat issues.. sounds lame, but true.

Unfortunately this is a BIG problem for a seat rehab. The T nuts rust to the bolt and spin in the wood making new T nut and bolt install impossible. You can start with 3/4 ply and make your own or find a good seat bottom with useable T nuts installed. Just went through this for the Umptenth time last weekend.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #3
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you have any wood working skilled the wood isn't that bad to cut. You can get the fancy press in nuts and new bolts at just about any good hardware store. Trace the old bottom to a piece of plywood and cut. Take the frame work of the seat mark and drill holes. Flip new wood over after the holes at cut and tap in the new but. I put anti seize on the bolts to help prevent them rusting together.
hondarider203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarider203 View Post
If you have any wood working skilled the wood isn't that bad to cut. You can get the fancy press in nuts and new bolts at just about any good hardware store. Trace the old bottom to a piece of plywood and cut. Take the frame work of the seat mark and drill holes. Flip new wood over after the holes at cut and tap in the new but. I put anti seize on the bolts to help prevent them rusting together.
Roger that.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #5
crash test dummy

also cut air holes in the wood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg txtboard.jpg (102.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-02-2016, 11:11 PM   #6
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Alrighty, thats what i was afraid of. I guess it's to the the hardware store tomorrow. It should be easy enough. I can do the job no problem. The problem is I didn't want to do the job. Lol Thanks everyone.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:24 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintroy View Post
Alrighty, thats what i was afraid of. I guess it's to the the hardware store tomorrow. It should be easy enough. I can do the job no problem. The problem is I didn't want to do the job. Lol Thanks everyone.
And that's about half or what life hands us now isn't it ! LOL By the way these bolts and tee nuts are 1/4 x 20 x 1 inch
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
Justintroy
Not Yet Wild

Is case I have to do the same thing with the back rest. What size wood is it? 3/4 also?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:05 PM   #9
hondarider203
Gone Wild

Club Car

3/4 or 1/2 I used 1/2 for my bottom and backs holds me and my drinking buddy just fine
hondarider203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #10
210-golf
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

great info ! Im making the rear seat bottom from scratch .Looking to re do covers as well. Any suggestions .....ebay has some i like so far for fair price .
210-golf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat upholstery
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car