lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2016, 10:52 AM   #1
toomuchstagger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default A vibrating bu^&plug took my cart for a joyride

I need help boys and girls. I keep my 91' Marathon in my neighbor's garage and someone stole her, took her for a ride, tipped it over and thundered the roof, spilled battery acid everywhere ,trashed the windshield and rear quarter panel... and then returned it to the garage. My neighbor swears only she and I have the garage code but i'ma guessin' it might be one of her grandkids that did the damage. I can't say anything to her because A) I can't prove anything... B) She allows me to keep her there... C) At this point it really doesn't matter... (tryin' to get better in my old age with that forgive and forget BS). Anger, sadness and frustration aside, I have too many hours and new parts invested to just let her stay crumpled. I would like to ask the forum what body panels will bolt on to her besides Marathon bodies in that age range. I might try my hand at panel-beating but I also might entertain just putting a new body on her. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I made a voodoo doll , oddly it ended up looking like a mixture of The Donald and Billary riding a semblance of my cart and am currently jabbing it with rusty needles hoping that whoever violated my baby will have a slow and miserable remainder of their life. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
toomuchstagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: A vibrating bu^&plug took my cart for a joyride

you could put an EZGO TXT body on it

Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
AubAlum0509
Getting Wild

that sucks. I hate thieves. I hate thieves that return the damaged goods when done more, thus preventing home owner insurance from taking the beating.
AubAlum0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I fixed a cart like that once. Marathon driver leaned out of the cart to scoop up a soda can while driving up the street... he accidentally pulled the wheel and the tire hit the curb hard enough to take the tire full right throwing him from the cart. The cart then jumped the curb, flipped over, slid down a 30 foot bank and center punched a tree
The battery acid is the worst of it - remove the batteries and hose everything off for 20-30 minutes... then do it some more. Can't stress this enough, a year later i could see where I didn't get it rinsed 100% here and there. Dry the cart and wait a few days to repaint the frame and reinstall the batteries. Do your body & paint work last.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:43 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Scotty....the first part of your story was "Marathon driver leaned out of the cart to scoop up a soda can while driving up the street... he accidentally pulled the wheel and the tire hit the curb......" but at the END you go in to say "a year later I could see where I didn't get it rinsed 100% here and there."

ahhhh was this YOU trying to pick up the can?? LOL

TOOMUCHSTAGGER....as Crash mentioned, just put a TXT body in it. Although your body is metal.....the TXT body is plastic.....and IS a direct bolt-on/replacement.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:50 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Scotty....the first part of your story was "Marathon driver leaned out of the cart to scoop up a soda can while driving up the street... he accidentally pulled the wheel and the tire hit the curb......" but at the END you go in to say "a year later I could see where I didn't get it rinsed 100% here and there."

ahhhh was this YOU trying to pick up the can?? LOL

TOOMUCHSTAGGER....as Crash mentioned, just put a TXT body in it. Although your body is metal.....the TXT body is plastic.....and IS a direct bolt-on/replacement.
Lol - no! I used to service a large area. He lived in a retirement community that was filled with carts... he was a regular client. Luckily he didn't get seriously hurt.
Wherever the rinse was not adequate the paint lifted 1 yr later.... battery acid never stops working !?
Old 03-29-2016, 03:51 PM   #7
toomuchstagger
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The video that Crash posted kinda scered me. I'm not sure I want to do that much fabricating at this point. But IF it is a direct bolt-on... different story. I have been taking ScottyB's advice and thoroughly washing everything after removing the batteries. God did not put me on this earth to be a panel beater but I'ma tryin'.... She has a funny sense of humor thataway. Bloody thumb from whacking it with a rubber mallet has given way to a fairly good buzz and I've completely forgotten the two sheetmetal cuts that my wife insists I go to the ER to correct. WHY did i ever get involved in this crazy caring thing??? Cos' it's fun and the neighbor's dog just loves to 'ride' with me... and she can hold her beer better than me most days. Thanks to everyone for the advice... now pass the beernutZ! ! ! bloddy>
toomuchstagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a cable lock is your next upgrade. I use one from steering wheel to the seat back support when I need to secure one.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #9
skipsmith521
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anyone suggest a hidden kill switch?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
skipsmith521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #10
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipsmith521 View Post
Anyone suggest a hidden kill switch?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Anyone suggest taking the keys with?
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO