lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #1
emanuel.cayetano
Not Yet Wild

Default Runs good then crawl after a stop

EZGO
Model TXTPDS

Starts up just fine but when i stop it suddenly goes into crawl speed. I switch the ignition on and off really quick and it goes back to normal. Also shifting from forward to off then back to forward works.

I removed the strobe light i just installed and the problem goes away completely. Tried wiring directly to the battery, ignition switch, and forward/reverse switch and i get the same problem.

The strobe light is a 12-72VDC MeteorLite how do i test this?
With the strobe light on i connected to the capacitor on the strobe light board i read 20v no idea what this means tho haha. Dont want to buy a 200 dollar strobe light without knowing for sure its bad.

Thanks
emanuel.cayetano is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Runs good then crawl after a stop

The strobe light may be putting some sort of noise on the battery that is confusing the controller. It sounds like the controller is going into some failsafe mode. If removing the strobe makes it go away, that Is my guess as to what the problem is. You may be able to add a filter. I would talk to the maker of the Strobe.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
emanuel.cayetano
Not Yet Wild

Checked the manufacturer website for MeteorLite with no luck : (
emanuel.cayetano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:34 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Some strobes put nasty stuff back on the power bus. Unfortunately, there are very few regulations on this kind of thing.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You might try adding a filter capacitor in the .5 - 1 farad range (also listed as 500K micro farad, or larger if the price is right) inline with the strobe of the type sold for car audio surge use, typically starting at $15 or so on ebay with screw terminals, and mounting brackets. Alterntiavely you can probably find a smaller capacitor that would work for less, but it may not have screw terminals and mounting brackets. Always handle capactors with care as they can hold a significant electrical charge for some time.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO