lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #11
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default Re: 2013 TXT Valor need crawling torque help

GREAT Info I had no doubt that there was a way to get the power to the ground and YOU figured it out!! how much shorter is the Dayco belt then stock? I could not even find length of the stock belt. How did this effect your top end speed? Does it just take a little more time to get up to speed? THANKS!!
WVHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2016, 10:20 PM   #12
bwgill37
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The belt was a little wider and just under an inch shorter. The spring holds it in "lower" gear longer so yes higher revs when launching, and under load on a hill it is more pronounced. I crawl around our hunting property, 3-4 guys sometimes, and a Yeti 65 on it, gets all over it. The steepest hill, really steep grassy and long, I can get up it with me and the cooler. Our Ranger also struggles here with more than 2. I think it has a lost a little off the top, I'm not sure, I never need to go over 15ish on the ranch roads. Hope this helps. btw I do have the exact belt measurements in my office if you are interested I can send tomorrow.
bwgill37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:06 AM   #13
ski-doo583
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Try a gboost clutch kit. We put one in a costumers cart and he was amazed at the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ski-doo583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #14
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

bwgill37. It would be GREAT if you could post the belt measurements of both the stock belt and the Dayco that you put on. Does it seem any harder to shift from forward to reverse?It sounds like you got it figured out!!! hope I have as much luck as you did, when I make the move.

Ski-Doo. I looked at G Boost belts but I did not see the clutch kit for the newer 13HP Kaw. do you have any more info?

THANKS GUYS!!!
Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #15
bwgill37
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

these are my measurements - Factory 618630 - 38 9/16 x 1 3/16 ----- Dayco xtx 2274 37 10/16 x 1 4/16. So Dayco is 15/16 shorter and 1/16 wider.

Under load, it will occasionally not want to shift into reverse, I just roll it up a little to unwind everything and it fine.

What we also need is a limited slip conversion kit, as far as I can tell its not available yet.

p.s. I also fabricated support for the factory posts and roof for $30 and added a roof rack and a 21 inch light bar. Using a conduit bender from HF, and square steel tubes. Works great hold all our dove hunting chairs, bags etc..
bwgill37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:53 PM   #16
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

THANKS again BW!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like I will be ordering a belt!

You have some great ideas to help all of us here!
Old 10-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #17
rodmod11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Check out GBOOST website - the part is CKSDEZ19. The video on their homepage is them actually putting this exact kit in a 2013 EZGO 13HP KAW - it is the best way to go IMHO.
rodmod11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #18
WVHarley
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Thanks Rod!! did you use this kit? If so how much top end did you loose if any? I would think one advantage may be that not using the shorter belt would eliminate any shifting issues.

Tags
team clutch, torque
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO