lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Clutch upgrade on 2000 EZGO TXT

Sorry to ask again, but don't seem to be able to get a clear answer and have also combed past posts on this subject.

Have read I should be upgrading to a 28 deg driven clutch for better pull up the hills, but also read somewhere else that 28 degs is the stock standard clutch for a TXT.

Please can someone help to clarify this for me as there's no point in me buying a 28 deg driven clutch if this is already the stock clutch.

Assuming an upgrade is in order, any recommended brand? Very much appreciated. Thanks.
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2016, 08:28 AM   #2
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clutch upgrade on 2000 EZGO TXT

Sorry to bump this but I'm sure someone here knows the answer. I have also seen all sorts of clutch springs for sale and dont know if these would help.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #3
rvkersh
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

36 deg is normally stock for the TXT. Pull your driven clutch off, takes 5 minutes, look at the cam it will have the degree cast into it.
rvkersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks - much appreciated
Old 09-22-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

OK I am trying something a little different. Ordered a CartsPartsPlus performance clutch. Basically a 28 deg driven clutch, machined to bring plates closer together plus a spring. They say it will make the world of difference. It's on the way so I will report back and let the forum know if this works.

They told me to switch back to standard belt.

Whilst I was ordering I also went for their performance carb jet. They told me that the clutch will make the most difference but the jet will also give a little extra performance. They promised me the bigger jet shouldn't lead to flooding or backfiring.

We discussed a possible performance air filter and they warned that this would add a lot of noise and not too much extra power so I left this.

If this doesn't get the cart moving up hill my next step is a new engine!
Old 09-30-2016, 12:30 PM   #6
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

SUCCESS AT LAST - the CartsPartsPlus machined 28 deg driven clutch with torque spring is amazing. It replaced an almost new standard clutch and the difference in performance is like night and day.

My cart (which has 20 inch wheels) is now running at least as fast as the standard EZ GO with 18 inch wheels up the hills. Before it was a slow crawl.

Would still like a little more power up the hills but I can live with the cart and am no longer holding up the other carts up hills.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO