lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
gnxtc2
Not Yet Wild

Default Idle mod

I bought a Club Car DS / Precedent Clutch Tuning Kit (Fits 1992-Up)

I am confused over this key switch ignition install. I have no problem doing the work but I'm confused over why does it need to be done? Also what is meant by not being able to switch gears

This is what is in the instructions:

Key Switch Ignition Install:

1. Remove the solenoid compartment cover under the seat. Figure 7.

2. Locate small terminal of the starting solenoid with a blue wire and add the blue wire from the
Relay Harness (B) to this terminal. See figure 8.

3. Disconnect the white wire with black stripe from the lower micro switch next to the throttle
rotor and connect it to the purple Relay Harness wire. See Figure 9.

4. Disconnect the orange wire from the upper micro switch next to the throttle rotor and connect
it to the green Relay Harness wire. Figure 9.

5. Install the solenoid box cover and be careful not to pinch any wires.

6. Secure the Relay Harness to the solenoid box cover using the supplied Screw (C)

7. Plug the Relay (D) into the Relay Harness. Figure 11.

8. Connect the yellow wire from the Relay Harness to a suitable ground.

NOTE:
This product modifies the pedal start ignition. The car will now start and run with either forward
or reverse selected and the key switch ‘on’. The car WILL NOT idle in neutral. It will merely
crank over until the battery is dead. If you would like to have the car idle in neutral you will
need to bypass the micro switch on the forward / reverse handle. To do this, remove the green &
black wires running to the outer micro switch on the back of the handle (under the seat) and add
a jumper between them. Figure 13.

Idle Speed Adjustment
It is necessary to ensure that the idle speed is set high enough to allow the starter / generator to
charge the vehicle battery at idle.
1. Raise the rear of the vehicle and support with jack stands

2. Place the vehicle in neutral and start the engine. If you have not bypassed the F/R micro
switch, place the vehicle in diagnostic mode by pulling the neutral lockout cam outward,
then rotating 90 degrees. Figure 13.

3. Remove the throttle cable cover on the engine to expose the idle set screw. Figure 12.

4. Adjust this screw in to raise the idle speed to about 1000 RPM or until the drive clutch
engages the drive belt. Then back the idle down below the clutch engagement RPM.

5. Verify with a voltmeter that the battery shows around 13 volts while idling. This verifies the
starter / generator is charging.

6. Reinstall the throttle cable cover and restore the vehicle’s F/R switch to normal operating

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
gnxtc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2017, 07:51 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Idle mod

I see that you bought the BU kit! (drive clutch power spring, relay, and wiring harness)

You don't have to make it idle, IF... you don't want it to idle!
BU added the relay probably to add a "WOW" factor, and make the spring worthwhile!

The sad part is... My DS idles without the use of that relay!
(it's just a matter of removing the black ground wire from the bottom microswitch)

click >>> http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...dle-setup.html

Switching gears while idling...
Its a safety feature... switching gears too fast can either cause bodily harm, or transmission damage!
so the engine will shut down when shifting slowly past neutral...
I'm actually very surprised that they tell you how to bypass it! (defiantly a liability issue)

I'm not saying that you paid too much, the price seems reasonable...
but, you could have saved $20 for just the spring, by buying it from one of BGW's fine sponsors!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car