lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Regen 2 cart not running

I've got a regen 2 cart that will not move. Both solenoids click when you switch from tow to run and stay energized. I checked the micro switch on the v glide and it checks good. No continuity with pedal up and continuity once the switch clicks. Also ohm the v glide 5.4 ohms pedal up with a smooth drop to less than 1 ohm pedal down. What should the voltage be to the v glide from the controller? I'm leaning towards the controller. What else can I rule out?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Regen 2 cart not running

Ok, I still need help. I unplugged the three wire connector at the v glide check the throttle voltage. I get 46 volts on all three wires controller side. That is with the negative probe on pack-. What should the throttle voltage be for the regen 2 and which wire does it come from the controller on? Yellow, purple, or white? I know it shouldn't be 46. Does this further conclude bad controller? What is causing the solenoids to energize with the tow/run switch when the micro switch is working properly? I've only worked on a couple of these regen 2 carts, so any help is appreciated.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #3
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Section 11–electrical system and testing
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1998 1999 ds supplement electric.pdf (4.90 MB, 0 views)
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:31 AM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I always like to close out a thread I start with the final solution so that it may help someone in the future. I was getting 46 v throttle signal from the controller which let me to think the controller was bad, and it was. Since I couldn't find an Alltrax for the regen 2, I replaced it with a new GE factory control from FSIP and it works great now after I realized I forgot to plug the three wire throttle connector back in. That's a depressing feeling when you press the pedal and nothing happens after changing a control!

Old 08-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #5
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

mgray70, I thought the XCT PDP+ from Alltrax fit the Regen II carts..... (Or does it not adapt to the harness?)

NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alltrax website is the only place I've seen one listed. No one had any.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car