lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Does anyone know anything about z sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
One more point about the batteries that are in it: the 4 on the outside are 8 volt batteries, but the 2 in the middle sure look like 6 volt to me! 48 volt system, but only 44 volts worth of batteries. Even if they were all perfect there would be power & run time issues.
If it does run and drive at all everything else may be fine, but figure in spending $900 or so on a set of batteries and set your offering price accordingly.

Meimk makes an excellent point. Now....your charging a 44-V set up with a 48-V charger. That is not a good setup. I don't know if it border's on "dangerous" but you can't charge a 36-V system with a 48-V charger.....or disaster may happen!!

As for the body style and cost, I don't know about that. I would assume the cost is higher than a factory body replacement.....but that "style" isn't my cup of tea. So, I wouldn't add anything to the price for it. If you buy a cart......they usually come with a body of some sort. Unless your looking at just frame with all running "parts." If I were buying it (and only because I'm not a fan of that body) I'd knock off another $500 because of it.

FWIW
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #12
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I would offer him 2k for it, or tell him since it needs new batteries would you take 2K, if you get it for that price I would say you got a great deal..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:18 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Oh....and more to your point on price. Well, I would offer him $1,000 if the brakes don't squeal and the steering works well and you don't hear "funny noises" from the rear end.

Again, a set of good batteries $1,000, a new up to date charger $400, and just another $100 for the likely new set of heavy duty battery wires you gonna need to replace.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM   #14
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

it would look a lot nicer without the top and supports....breaks up the lines of the body.... i like it.
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:46 AM   #15
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Love this site ! You guys are awesome. Yeah I don't care for the body much but it's for my kids as a project to work with me ... trying to teach the hard work pays off thing .. their 7-8 yrs old. I'm a bit nervous to see the batteries up close... I'm going to look at it this morning all your points are heard clearly and noted! Thanks again! Side note I think we're dead locked at 1500 but for my situation seat belts blinkers lights to teach the kids driving etiquette... will save me on most older carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caroche!1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #16
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

It runs well I don't understand the batteries but I put a meter on them the 8's were 8.8 the 6's were 6.7 pack 47.7 no weird noises brakes were solid tight steering . More pics

IMG_2725.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

Old 09-01-2017, 09:18 AM   #17
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Don't know about the rest of you, but this cart would be in my garage already...
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:35 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmonkey17 View Post
Don't know about the rest of you, but this cart would be in my garage already...
Yeah....for $1,500 I'd buy it. Just know that you really need to upgrade your batteries ASAP.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #19
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Cool . Is this a factory controller or do you know anything about it ?

Old 09-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #20
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

With it being a club car, I have read a lot of posts about broken welds on club car frames. Something you may want to look out for.

And yes, those two batts in the middle are 6v, the 3 white plugs gives that away. They are made by Continental battery - http://www.continentalbattery.com/products/404
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car