lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 AM   #1
texan
Gone Wild

Default XCT - CC Precedent IQ

After installing using Alltrax manual page 17 J7 TO F1 and J8 TO F2. My f&r switch is reversed. Also have D&D high torque.
Received field map from Alltrax.Torque is unreal but there is little speed.
Turbo and street is on, speed line is running on a 45 corner to corner.
Did I make a mistake on wiring ? Called myself double checking everthing.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 06:25 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: XCT - CC Precedent IQ

If You got your controller from Scottyb, he sends the corrected diagram for the IQ/Excell carts in a separate sheet.

J7 goes to F2
J8 goes to F1

Make sure the speed sensor is enabled and the max rpm is set to the speed You want to reach (use the speed calculator to figure out the rpms).

The easiest way to swap the F1 and F2 connections is at the motor, just make sure the pack positive cable is disconnected first.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:22 AM   #3
texan
Gone Wild

Thanks Serigo, Got my first sit up DCX from Scotty this one came from D&D Guess live and learn.
My rpm is at 6000. Can you explain the speed sensor. I don't remember seeing it on my field map.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:41 AM   #4
texan
Gone Wild

After looking at Alltrax website I see there manual is incorrect. So maybe my speed will change when I switch F1 & F2
Thanks again Sergio
Old 09-27-2017, 07:50 AM   #5
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

The speed sensor is on the first page "Controller Settings" at the very bottom there is a box to check "Enable Speed Limit" you want to check that box, and then pick 4 or 8 pole magnet under speed sensor. I don't know what magnet D&D runs in their motors. If you pick the wrong one it may be causing your speed issue.
You may fix the speed problem by swapping the F1 & F2 if you have a slower reverse speed selected, I'm really not sure about that one. Good Luck hope you get it straightened out .
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan View Post
After looking at Alltrax website I see there manual is incorrect. So maybe my speed will change when I switch F1 & F2
Thanks again Sergio
Yep, that will fix the speed issue as it is now controlled by the "max reverse motor speed" setting (usually 50%).

Make sure You set the "speed limit" rpm to your "practical" max speed as that value affects how the Controller interprets the "speed curve".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car