lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
mustangwagz
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default A thought about the G2 A-arms..

Hey guys, I was putting my lift brackets on today and I was observing the arms and they way they're angled.. It seems as though the angle of them makes them point towards the back.. as in.. the way they're built..they favor the cab more..

IF a guy was to remove them, and swap them side to side..they'd then be "Forward" arms.. and allow for a lot more clearance.. now...with this in mind, the next big issue is shock mounting and obviously you'd have to swap knuckles back to proper sides...but..I think it COULD be done..

anybody ever seen anyone do it? just curious!
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Default Re: A thought about the G2 A-arms..

Yeah I did, tire is angled all wrong you would have to chop the arm by the spindle and reweld, I tried that too, I don't have the skill for it.

A square tube life and locate forward is the best and easiest option
cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
mustangwagz
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfherrman View Post
Yeah I did, tire is angled all wrong you would have to chop the arm by the spindle and reweld, I tried that too, I don't have the skill for it.

A square tube life and locate forward is the best and easiest option
ahhh ok ok. dang! lol. Thought I was onto something. Oh well!

I see your signature says you got an 8hp with big lift and 22" tires? hows that run? gotta build thread?
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #4
expo
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
hows that run? gotta build thread?
I'm curious too
expo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
cfherrman
Gone Wild

Umm, not a easy question to answer, I really need to update things.

I did the square tube lift as I mentioned, different then my profile pic, and that has helped drivability a lot. Driven clutch has the umax spring so it probably would drive fine and top out at 28 mph if the ignition worked correctly. A few times over the years this cart would haul fast, but mostly it just putts along around 14-18 mph.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a custom Arduino ignition and my cart has a gm hei ignition module on it currently with a static 2 degrees of spark advance. This makes the cart run better, as my factory igniter was done, but does not make good power.

Last Sunday I did this, note broke a valve stem and didn't want to replace it, no f's given here on a work cart!

Lift

reverse a arm

cfherrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha