lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
Thimmesch1
Getting Wild

Default alternate to 150.00 continuous relay

has anyone used an alternate to the 150.00 continuous relay solenoid?
part # JH2-81950-02-00 ...I am thinking of using....... Solenoid Switch Relay HD Continuous Duty 12V 3 Terminal Fits Cole Hersee 24022BX. 18.99$
I bought the cart for 150.00 drained gas,refilled and it ran in neutral for a couple minutes and then it started clicking when hit the peddle.clicking engages starter and if i take plug out it will connect and supply 6 volts.,checked voltage and only 6 volts coming out the relay.12.9 going in. i just want to get it running and decide how much money i want to put into it once running and use correct parts from sponsors on this site
Thanks
Thimmesch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2018, 04:29 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: alternate to 150.00 continuous relay

6v is the problem, not the solenoid. There are many fine relays, just don't use one for a car starter, they weren't designed to be on all the time. Cart solenoid is on whenever the gas pedal is pressed.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:42 AM   #3
Thimmesch1
Getting Wild

it is the oem solenoid that is only supplying 6 volts,i am looking for an alternative... maybe like this
https://www.amazon.com/Cole-Hersee-2...+duty+solenoid

or maybe our sponsors have an alternative to the 150.00 yamaha relay
Thanks
Old 06-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

dropping volts through the solenoid is usually either burnt contacts in the solenoid or a duff battery dropping its voltage under load.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I thought the factory Yamaha solenoid, which is a awesome solenoid, was 85 bucks.? Well worth the money
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 11:25 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I thought the factory Yamaha solenoid, which is a awesome solenoid, was 85 bucks.? Well worth the money

Same thoughts here!
Old 06-06-2018, 01:33 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Here is a very legitimate alternative from Yamaha. It is a very high quality part rated at 225 amps continuous. These things never fail. They bolt on the same location for the mounting bracket. The only mod that might be needed is to convert your wire ends to a ring terminal from its original flat spade terminals if that's what it used originally for the small wires. These prices are Yamaha MSRP, and could easily be found cheaper for the same thing if you shop around. Be sure you are getting the true "Trombetta bear" if you want to see a pic of what you should be getting. They used the same thing in a 48v version on the electric carts, and it is good enough stock parts for carts with motor/controller upgrades as equipped from the factory, way more robust than any gas cart owner would ever need. Jw1-h1950-00-00 is the part number. If I was spending my own money on something I would never worry about again, this is what I would buy, oh wait, this is what I have on my cart.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180605_232519.jpg (23.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
Thimmesch1
Getting Wild

before throwing parts at it i wanted to check some more.
voltage coming from the pedal to activate the relay is only 10.5 volts.
so when i put key on, and put 12.6 volts to relay it works fine but i have no spark until i
remove voltage from relay,if i keep pedal down and remove voltage from relay i get spark as it winds down.
I also get spark if i remove spark plug,apply the 10.5 volts from pedal then it will turn over slower with spark.
If i put plug in with the 10.5 from the pedal it intermittently activates the relay and starter.....hope this makes sense.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Lets start with the basics have you load tested your battery or put a known good one in the cart?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:42 PM   #10
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

agreed, see my previous post LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha