lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2019, 10:34 AM   #1
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Brake pedal operation

I'm new to this cart so maybe I just don't know how the pedal is supposed to work so i figured I'd ask. (05' Precedent) Is the brake supposed to lock into a parking brake position every time you push it real hard. If I'm going down a steep hill and hard on the brake, it will lock the pedal into parking position even if I'm not stepping on the top left corner that says parking brake.

If its not right what is the fix, because its very annoying?
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Brake pedal operation

I don’t think that’s how it’s supposed to work. There should be a spring on the Park pedal that keeps it from flopping around. If the spring is broken then it could cause the brake to engage just because the park lever flips over on its own.

I know the early precedents had problems with the parking brake mechanism. They updated the design along with the entire pedal assembly somewhere around 2008 I think.

David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars will know exactly what you need and can get you the best parts to repair or upgrade the park brake mechanism so you won’t have that problem anymore. 706-431-3917 Give him a call or email!
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #3
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

So i was able to salvage my pedals. I took them off and placed the brake pedal face down on the bench and took a hammer and smacked the back of the parking pedal forward into the resting position (after assuring the ratchet was not in the lock position.) After that i moved it a bit and realized that had completely freed it up. I put some oil on the pivot shaft, cleaned up the whole assembly and put them back in the cart. I ordered some new pad covers to complete the process and am happy as can be now. That saved me a bunch of $$.
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
unknwn
Getting Wild

I spent a bunch of effort getting the pedals of my '06 Turf1 working properly.
If the ratchet pawl for the parking brake isn't working completely free & adjusted appropriately the whole interrelated pedals will malfunction and cause misery.
Don't hammer on it, the pivot shaft welded to the brake pedal is soft and quite easy to misalign and you still won't have freed it up.
Lousy job. Get the cart as elevated as possible before you even start.
unknwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car