lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #1
ztjm35
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Starting Problem

I apologize ahead of time if I missed a thread that addresses my problem but I did search first. I acquired a g1 this week. The starter generator starts to turn as soon as I connect battery. It appears to ne turning in the forward motion. I disconnected the keyed ignition switch and still does the same. I looked at a wiring diagram and all appears correct on cart. Any assistance on my problem would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance
ztjm35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Starting Problem

check the sticky: everything you need to know about the G1 for newbies. I think theres a few posts on the correct wiring for the starter/gen and the soleoids.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:01 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-newbies.html
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

I don't fathom how you can't have a wiring issue there somewhere. Two things serve to start / stop the ignition circuit....the key switch and the stop switch at the base of the accelerator pedal. If either of these are disengaged (as you have done with the key switch) the cart can't run IF the wiring is correct. You have two solenoids on that cart, one for F and one for R. I would suspect that the wiring associated with the F solenoid is fouled up causing it close open connecting the battery.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha