lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2020, 03:04 PM   #1
KYBoy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2014 EZGO RXV Charger Shows 5 Flashing Lights When Plugged In

When I plug in the charger to my 2014 EZGO RXV receptacle, the charger flashes green/red 5 times really quickly with one last green light. It only flashes when the charger is plugged in to the cart and does to stay on. I tried another EZGO charger and received the same type of response. It appears that this issue could be related to the recharger receptacle, the cart does seem to be getting charged, just not sure as it continues to flash which indicates a less than 80% charge. Does anyone know if this sounds like a charger receptacle issue or something else internal?

Thanks,
Nick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-06-18 at 3.58.31 PM (2).jpg (11.8 KB, 0 views)
KYBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2014 EZGO RXV Charger Shows 5 Flashing Lights When Plugged In

I haven't used my stock charger for a while but I think alternating green and red flashes when you first plug the charger in are normal. Once it starts charging it should only be a flashing green light. Then a steady green light when fully charged.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:53 AM   #3
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You should be looking at buying a new charger but not like the one you have now that's a throwaway.

Look at DPI, or a Lester...
usgicollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #4
KYBoy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have a company coming to up pick the cart up this morning. I trust this companies judgement as they are telling me that when the cart is plugged in and it does the alternating flashing, the charger is doing a diagnostic to the cart and the alternating flashes are not normal. They think it could be a bad battery cell. The batteries are Trojans and purchased and installed in May of 2019.

Any chance this could be related to low water in the batteries and the charger recognized that the cells were not charging properly? Just trying to figure out anything that could have triggered the flashing lights. I did fill them up with distilled water about a week ago, before I noticed this issue?

My neighbor has the same cart and I watched him plug his in and he had no flashing lights on his charger when he plugged his in.

I used the cart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and had no issues with the cart.
KYBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
fieldpivot
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYBoy View Post
I have a company coming to up pick the cart up this morning. I trust this companies judgement as they are telling me that when the cart is plugged in and it does the alternating flashing, the charger is doing a diagnostic to the cart and the alternating flashes are not normal. They think it could be a bad battery cell. The batteries are Trojans and purchased and installed in May of 2019.

Any chance this could be related to low water in the batteries and the charger recognized that the cells were not charging properly? Just trying to figure out anything that could have triggered the flashing lights. I did fill them up with distilled water about a week ago, before I noticed this issue?

My neighbor has the same cart and I watched him plug his in and he had no flashing lights on his charger when he plugged his in.

I used the cart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and had no issues with the cart.

Has there been anymore findings to this flashing charger lights when plugged into cart? This seems to be a unsolved mystery still to date. Nothing about it anywhere which I have deeply searched. I am thinking this is a charger issue rather than cart issue.

My charger started doing this after jumping off another 48v cart which had a below chargeable voltage. Seems that by doing so, I over worked the Delta Q 48. The first thing I noticed was my receptical light would no longer blink while charging, only stayed green. This was the case even though the charger was flashing green while charging. My advice is NEVER jump another cart with these newer EZGO's The good ole boy syndrome has put me in last place way to many times.
fieldpivot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:59 AM   #6
Pepe Dermit
Not Yet Wild

The PC Board in charger receptacle goes defective as well as the temp sensor on the postive battery 1 , seen this stop a rxv from moving remove negative charge wire cart will run
Pepe Dermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charger, receptacle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO