lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2020, 01:04 AM   #1
88Marathoning
Not Yet Wild

Default 2 gauge upgrade wiper ?

Upgrading all my cables to 2 gauge, except the ones coming from wiper to a resistor coil. Top speed cable is 2ga. Anyways what are y’all using to upgrade the wiper arm cable? Anyone have any photos? Mine looks rough and I’d like to get it to 2gauge also
88Marathoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
88Marathoning
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 gauge upgrade wiper ?

Chirp chirp. Am I like one of four resistor carts around? I didn’t even get the normal upgrade to a controller etc talk
Old 06-26-2020, 07:07 AM   #3
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

I just melted my wiper cable the other day.... I just ordered two, figured I’d have an extra. Like you I upgraded everything but the wiper.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The coil system will be the bottleneck.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Not to be heartless but...IMHO

These poor carts are marginal for golf which consisted of a drive 300 yards and rest (cool) and they are poorly suited to any other activity... but they are solid carts once they are converted to solid state
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #6
S-N-R Customs
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

These poor carts are marginal for golf which consisted of a drive 300 yards and rest (cool) and they are poorly suited to any other activity... but they are solid carts once they are converted to solid state

Lol... you’re are 100% right... my giant leaf pack feeds a toaster....[emoji23], but I have 3 sets of toasters every time I think of upgrading to one of your kits, I spend the $850 on something else. Not that I don’t think it’s a good price.... just the old system hasn’t died... so I’ve been upgrading tractor parts.... someday I’ll be ordering one of the kits that you sell, just not today.

S-N-R Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 06:57 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-R Customs View Post
Lol... you’re are 100% right... my giant leaf pack feeds a toaster....[emoji23], but I have 3 sets of toasters every time I think of upgrading to one of your kits, I spend the $850 on something else. Not that I don’t think it’s a good price.... just the old system hasn’t died... so I’ve been upgrading tractor parts.... someday I’ll be ordering one of the kits that you sell, just not today.

That's cool, we will be here when you are ready. Anyway todays kits are better than yesterdays and if you wait long enough you will get tomorrows kit
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 11:50 PM   #8
88Marathoning
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
That's cool, we will be here when you are ready. Anyway todays kits are better than yesterdays and if you wait long enough you will get tomorrows kit
Lol love that.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:51 PM   #9
88Marathoning
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-N-R Customs View Post
I just melted my wiper cable the other day.... I just ordered two, figured I’d have an extra. Like you I upgraded everything but the wiper.....

I might just solder a copper end on some 2ga welding cable. I’ll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:54 PM   #10
88Marathoning
Not Yet Wild

Quote:

It’s slow but I cruise 5-10 miles at a time. Pretty much wide open which I believe is bypassing the resistors. Been rock solid, I can see the controller is better but if I’m wide open all time time I’m not sure I gain a ton.

Tags
2ga, marathon, wiper
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO