lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 rxv wont move in fwd or reverse

I just bought a 09 rxv which looked like it sat for years not being used. It had no batteries when I bought it. I just put new batteries in it (4 12 volt). It worked great I drove it all around for about 30 minutes. The next day I turn the key on and I can hear the brake disengage and it makes a steady clicking sound but the cart won't move fwd or reverse. I tried switching the tow switch on/off and it didn't help. I am new to golf carts am I doing something wrong or does anybody know the issue?

Thanks
Kmd
kMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-17-2020, 06:33 PM   #2
kMD
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2009 rxv wont move in fwd or reverse

I wanted to add I checked all 4 batteries they read 12.56 volts.
Old 08-17-2020, 07:23 PM   #3
kMD
Not Yet Wild

I just read some information on the power up test the rxv does. When I turn key on I think I can hear the motor rock back and forth a 1/4 turn. Next the reverse buzzer just makes a constant low sounding clicking noise. I read one of the tests is a high pedal test if the gas pedal isn't all the way up it will not pass this test. I held the pedal up with my hand and turned the cart on and it worked like it should. How do I correct this do I just pull apart and clean something or do I have to change a part.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2020, 10:14 PM   #4
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

kMD, my throttle is doing the same thing. I remember reading a while back about a fix involving a piece of vinyl tubing used to add pull to the weak spring. Maybe someone will elaborate on it or if I find the thread searching I'll post a link. Good luck.
Found it!
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...hrottle+spring
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO