lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

Default 97 txt replaced motor but still wont go

I bought a dead cart. It would go a few feet then stop. Had no power for hills. I bought a brand new motor for it. Now it moved 10ft with the new motor and then stopped moving altogether. What is my next troubleshooting step? Batteries are brand new. Over 38volts coming off the two lead cables at the end of the battery series. Each battery has 6.5v of power. All new battery cables when the batteries were replaced.
cowsgonemadd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 txt replaced motor but still wont go

Is it a series drive of a DCS (sepex drive)?

If it has a Run/Tow switch, it is a DCS.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #3
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

DCS model with run tow. I made a video showing my issue and talking in more detail. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF_N7BofGSs
Old 09-01-2020, 06:46 AM   #4
georgia088
Gone Wild

I can't tell from the video, is that the solenoid click when the pedal is pressed or the microswitch at the pedal? What is the voltage on the solenoid large terminals when the pedal is pressed?
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

If I put my black on one side and red on the other I have like 1v when no throttle is on. When it clicks, it goes to 0 volts. The clicking noise in the video is not the pedal switch but the solenoid. It's a loud pop.

Should there be power always going to my motor? Why do I have 31 volts at all times and 37 when I hit the pedal but no attempt at movement?
Old 09-01-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
georgia088
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsgonemadd3 View Post
If I put my black on one side and red on the other I have like 1v when no throttle is on. When it clicks, it goes to 0 volts. The clicking noise in the video is not the pedal switch but the solenoid. It's a loud pop.

Should there be power always going to my motor? Why do I have 31 volts at all times and 37 when I hit the pedal but no attempt at movement?
I guess I didn’t explain well. Put one probe on b- and the other on battery side solenoid (should have pack voltage 36-38v). Now do it to the other side of the solenoid with the one probe still on b- when the pedal is pressed, you should hear solenoid click and volt meter should go to pack voltage. This tells you the solenoid is working. Once we confirm that we can move on. Does solenoid have resistor? It’s a little wire going from one post to the other on solenoid. If it has a resistor you should have about 5v less voltage on controller side of solenoid than battery side until you press the pedal. Once the pedal is pressed the solenoid should engage and you should read full pack voltage on controller side of solenoid.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A DCS has a resistor/diode assembly, that is unique to the DCS, connected to the solenoid's large terminals. See attached image.

With it installed there will always be something close to battery pack voltage that can be measured on the A2 and A1 studs of the motor. See attached schematic with high current circuit highlighted.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #8
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

I made a video showing me testing the voltages. Ignore the end where I talked about the 5v thing. I was confused. I hope I did the steps correctly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nb05r3LWok
Old 09-03-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
georgia088
Gone Wild

B- is on the battery pack.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:08 PM   #10
cowsgonemadd3
Not Yet Wild

Take 2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGAWQXc-_z4
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO