lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
knowlegeable1
Not Yet Wild

Default 92' Limo resurrection

Hello all. I've been lurking the forums for awhile and jumped head first into a Nissan Leaf 48v battery upgrade/build and cart resurrection.

First, I aquired the cart from my buddy. It's a 1992 EZGO 36v 6 seater. It's been sitting for a few years. Apparently he purchased new batteries at that time, it ran for awhile then stopped working. He parked it and it sat until I got it home.

I purchased 7 Gen 2 Nissan leaf cells from a local source and ordered the tech direct BMS "kit." Besides a new controller and solenoid anything else that I'll need? Any recommendations on which to purchase? Speed is not a goal. Just need enough umph to get around the neighborhood and to and from golf course (approx 5 miles round trip). Anything that may be an issue going to 48V? I've been reading alot and alot of the builds seem to be on newer carts. I appreciate all info. Thanks!

I attached a pic of the cart for fun. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
knowlegeable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 92' Limo resurrection

Fun build.

What are the specs on the Tech Direct BMS you got? There have been others that got BMSs from them and they were not up to the task, due to the specs. Maybe they have gone to a better BMS and you will be fine, but I would suggest listing the specs here so the gurus can chime in.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
knowlegeable1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92' Limo resurrection

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Fun build.

What are the specs on the Tech Direct BMS you got? There have been others that got BMSs from them and they were not up to the task, due to the specs. Maybe they have gone to a better BMS and you will be fine, but I would suggest listing the specs here so the gurus can chime in.
Thanks for the reply. I was reading mixed reviews as well but it seemed like a straight forward install. For the price I figured it would be ok for my first DIY lithium build.

Here are the specs from the tech direct page:

48V BMS for Nissan Leaf Battery G1 G2 w Connection board and 15 pin wire connection version 2

63A Breaker.*

DC Meter.*

Metal Case*

Discharge

Continuous*Discharging Current

60 A

Instantaneous*Discharge Current

120 A

Charge

Charging Voltage

58.8 V

Charging Current

45 A

Overcharge Protect

Over-charge Detect

4.28±0.05 V

Protect Delay

100 mS

Over-charge release

4.08±0.05 V

Balance

Detect Voltage

4.2±0.025 V

Release Voltage

4.2±0.05 V

Balance Current

60±5 mA

Over-discharge Protect

Over-discharge Detect

2.55±0.08 V

Over-discharge Detect delay

50 mS

Release Voltage

2.9±0.1 V

Over-current Protect

Detect Voltage

150 mV

Detect Delay

15 mS

Current Detect

130±10 A

Release Condition

Cut Load

Short-circuit Protect

Protect Condition

Cut Load

Detect Delay

200 uS

Release Condition

Cut Load

Temperature Protect

Temperature Protect

/*

Resistance

Inner

≤15 mΩ

Self-Consumption

Working Current

≤60 uA

Sleep Current (when Over-discharge)

≤10 uA

Working Temperature

Range

-30/+80*

Thanks again. I look forward to sharing my progress and learning as I go. [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
knowlegeable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO