lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #11
ForBruce
Mr. Helper

Club Car

Default Re: is your OBC cooking your batteries.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ogre View Post
label reads timer. the many, many websites that sell them also say timer.
even the everyday timex has a microprocessor, but it's still just a timer
glad it works for you, but without any warranty or support, buyer beware
Listen... I have the unit so i'm not guessing. And i don't get money if you buy or not. Nor do i care .

But the unit does NOT work on any time basis. I have a digital readout of battery pack voltage. More than once i have watched the unit , looking for turn off.

I tried at 80% battery pack charge which is 50 volts and also at 50% pack which is 48.4 volt. The auto shut off works only at 62 volts regardless of the time it takes to bring up the pack.

the unit will indicated (by pilot lite) full charge or finishing rate (which is usually around 5-7 amp charge)

When i used the on board computer to work the charge the rate would have to go down to 1-2 amp before shutting...(over cooking the batts)

Now the charge shuts at about 5-7 amp rate .AND THE PACK IS FULLY CHARGED.

So now you have to decide. Was something lost in the description and it is not a timer. Or am i purposely misleading you for the fun of it.

meanwhile i have to tell you . I should have bought this a year ago before my batteries lost a lot of stability. And i would buy again if the unit failed or i needed another.

Don't be so negative. Live a little and take a chance . It's only around $119

if you still have bad vibes. PM me with you cell phone and we can talk.

other than that then is nothing more i can say about this matter..Good Luck to you
ForBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2021, 05:15 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: is your OBC cooking your batteries.....

I’d have to agree with ogre.

I’d ditch the OBC. Buy a DPI or Lester summit for $250-300. Sell the original club car charger, those generally sell for around 150. And then you’re $100-150 into a better charger that will allow you to change charging algorithm to match your batteries, and no chances of OBC failure, and not relying on a magic box with no customer support (buggies unlimited/nivel may as well not have a customer care phone number).

If it were my cart, that’s why I would do.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car