lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
chadillac187
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 RXV new solenoid and controller, old or new resistor?

Hi,

I have a 2010 RXV which is receiving the following new parts:
Navitas 600A controller
SW180 Solenoid
2 AWG Battery Cables
HD Brake

The SW180 was supplied with a diode and resistor installed. The resistor is a Dale CW-5 470 ohm 5% 6.5W.

I noticed the giant original resistor has what looks like a temperature sensor on the resistor mounting bracket.

Do I keep the original resistor, or use the new one? If new, is the temp sensor still necessary and does it remain mounted in the original location?

Any help is appreciated and my apologies if this has already been answered. I searched the forum and could not find the solution.

Chad
chadillac187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #2
rngilliland
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 RXV new solenoid and controller, old or new resistor?

You don't need the diode or resistor, that came with the solenoid, on a RXV. Use the original large resistor. It is used to bleed off the extra energy from regenerative braking when the batteries can't absorb it all. Use the temperature sensor. Use a factory brake. The aftermarket brakes don't seem to work very well. Navitas has videos on their website of the conversion.

All the normal braking is done with the motor. The brake is only a parking brake and emergency brake.
rngilliland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 11:08 AM   #3
JBERGER
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV new solenoid and controller, old or new resistor?

Agreed on the above with one addition, make sure you change the voltage type in the Navitas app AFTER you change the solenoid.
Don't try to make a bunch of changes in the app all at once, some of them won't stick, if you do too many at once.
JBERGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO