lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Click no go

I’m working on an older western/ezgo. Not sure of the year can’t find any numbers on it. FNR replay less than yr ago new controller batteries in great shape showing full voltage. The solenoid will click when I press the gas but will not move in either direction. I assume the micro switch is working cause I’m getting a click at the solenoid. It moved yesterday once so I know the motor is not looked up. Anyone have a clue where I can look next?
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Click no go

Cheapest thing to do first is to clean and tighten all connections. Can't always see corrosion that can cause a bad connection. All cables in good shape? Anything getting excessive warm while riding for a while?
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
03psd73
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cables appear to be ok Have wiggle and shock the while applying the throttle but still no movement. Everything is tight and clean.
03psd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:49 PM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I know this sounds basic, but I had same thing happen to me. It would stop for no reason, I could rock it back and forth and it would run for weeks, then stop. I disconnected.cleaned every battery cable. Then followed wires to controller, checked connections on controller with fingers and looked clean and tight. I happened to have a wrench with me so I checked with it and it was one nut that turn only slightly. Worked ever since. May not be your problem, but you can spend a lot of money replacing things....clean and reattach tight, then proceed with testing, working your way out from Battery positive all the way around to battery negative (methodically). Be a shame to spend $400 on a controller to find out it was a bad cable ($12).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO