lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2021, 06:17 AM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 1995 Club Car Carryall 1 wiring issue

Try disconnecting the yellow wire from DF and connecting a jumper from the DF post on the generator to the voltage regulator.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2021, 08:04 AM   #12
Alby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Happy Friday All!!! I know what SG and VR stand for, but what is "DF"? Ill be trying to figure out this wiring issue this PM.
Thanks
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:04 AM   #13
crash12888
Gone Crazy

sorry, that's the little post on the S/G that the wire connects to from the V/R
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #14
Alby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok. This what i tried. I connected the yellow wire again. When i connected, the SG turns much slower. i disconnected yellow wire and ran a jumper( new wire) same thing happened. When yellow wire is disconnected SG turns fast and engine starts. when connect SG turns slow like its pulling more amps? and engine wont start. Think there is a short in the SG? Like I said before VR is new
Old 06-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I thought you said there was no spark when the yellow wire was connected?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:55 PM   #16
Alby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

My fault! it has spark. I have been charging the battery. So its almost charged and i hooked up yellow wire form VR TO SG and the dang thing started and is charging!!! Let me ask you this, the guy a got it from installed a new duracell lawn and and garden battery in it. Is this battery compatible for this cart? Im guessing battery was low when i tried to start with yellow wire hooked up and it didnt have enough juice to start!!! on to the next elect. issue- gas tank sending unit!!!! Thanks for all of input. This is why i joined you all-the more answers the better, instead of me scratching the skin off of my bald head.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #17
Alby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Now the charging issue is fixed, gas gauge doesn't work. There was no ground wire so i added one and drove around still on empty. So i grounded the wire on sending unit and gauge went to full. Bad unit more than likely? Ive looked on Amazon and they only show ones for metal tanks. Where do I get one for this cart?
Old 06-04-2021, 04:55 PM   #18
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Should have a group 70 side post battery in it rated over 500 cranking amps. A lawn and garden battery might work for a little while, but it will not last nearly as long.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:13 PM   #19
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I used a lawn and garden battery for a year and a half in one carryall, and another a year in my last carryall with no problems. It was still working perfectly when I traded it for the electric cart I’ve got now.

As for the gas gauge, it’s a simple resistive circuit. Make sure the bolt on the side of the unit has a good ground. If that doesn’t fix it, you can remove it and clean out the wiper. Though it may be a lost cause. I’ve gotten one gauge to sorta work, the rest I didn’t even bother. A tank of gas lasts so long in one of these things it was never a big deal to just flip up the seat every once in a while and pour a couple gallons in.

Maybe just me, but you can get around 300ish miles per tank. That takes a long time in a golf cart, so I never filled the tank up to the top. I just added a gallon or two every couple weeks and kept the level lower so it wouldn’t go bad before I could use it all.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 07:07 PM   #20
Alby
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ill try this battery for now-since my system is now charging! Yeah, think ill just put gas in it when i think it needs it.!!!! Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car