lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2021, 11:18 AM   #1
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default 2002 CC Gas DS Spark/coil issue

Hi guys. Haven’t needed any advice in a while but here I am going to the experts again. Working on a friends ‘02 CC DS. Cart intermittently had a no spark condition. Run fine for weeks. Crap out. Start fine the next day. Cart finally died and wouldn’t start over the weekend. No spark. I installed a new coil this morning and now have beautiful hot spark. The engine will not run. It has fuel. Sprayed a little carb spray in the cylinder…not even a cough. I still have the exhaust disconnected….would the lack of back pressure cause it not to start?? What am I missing??
Motorman 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2002 CC Gas DS Spark/coil issue

UPDATE….Stupid mistake alert. I did the coil without taking the engine out of the cart. I disconnected the bracket holding the throttle linkage to facilitate removing the flywheel cover. Unintended consequence is that the throttle plate wasn’t operating so no air was getting in. DUH! Reattach and the engine runs fine.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:02 AM   #3
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Cart ran fine yesterday. Drove it quite a bit. Went out this morning and no spark again. Is there anything else I’m missing here?? Could it be microswitch or FNR switch related? Disconnecting the rev limiter made no difference. I just bench tested the coil that came out of the cart and it is within range both primary and secondary. I did set the new coil at .012 with feeler gauges. I’m at a loss….

Last edited by Motorman 007; 06-08-2021 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: Added info
Old 06-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Have you tried disconnecting the rev limiter?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #5
Motorman 007
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Have you tried disconnecting the rev limiter?
So…in between the time I last posted and now,…I found YOUR thread on CC spark issues. All this time I thought I was bypassing the rev limiter by disconnecting the black wires with the bullet connectors. Obviously that’s incorrect. I disconnected the brown wire and the cart starts and runs. I’ve been chasing my tail on this for some time….Thanks CP241 for your help.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:33 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

hopefully it stays working this time :)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car