lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2021, 07:21 PM   #1
coopers dad
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV reverse buzzer in all key positions

My 2010 EZ-GO reverse buzzer is on in all key positions. Cart runs in reverse even in Neutral. Buzzer sounds in Forward, cart does not move. Most likely cause??? I'm thinking solenoid, but open for ideas.
coopers dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV reverse buzzer in all key positions

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers dad View Post
My 2010 EZ-GO reverse buzzer is on in all key positions. Cart runs in reverse even in Neutral. Buzzer sounds in Forward, cart does not move. Most likely cause??? I'm thinking solenoid, but open for ideas.
I'm thinking "not solenoid" .... More likely key switch.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #3
coopers dad
Not Yet Wild

I felt around behind the ignition switch and found a wiring connection part hanging down. One white wire connected only, all others were cut. What is this?
I took a picture but the insert image is not accepting the photo, asks for a URL??? How can I add the picture to this reply?
Old 07-10-2021, 12:35 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Use the Go Advanced button and then the manage attachments button.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 01:33 PM   #5
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There are two plastic clips on that keyswitch on the backside, one on the left side and one on the right side. If you can get your hand and fingers up behind the dash ( I can but it's tight ) you can squeeze in on those clips and the switch will pop out the front. There should be a 4 pin plug plugged to the switch. Close to that bundle of 4 wires is another bundle of 3 going to a plug that is in most cases unused but is intended for a state of charge meter. If you have no charge meter, then you can ignore those. I don't know what you are finding cut but there should be a black, red, and grey for the SOC meter. The 4 wires for the key switch are yellow and red for the on/off part of the switch and the other 2 are a white and a green for forward and reverse. White goes to pin 20 of the main plug for reverse, and green goes to pin 12 of the main plug for forward. SOMETHING is not sending the right signals to the controller. I have had one of those switches opened up and have seen how they can fail and malfunction. I was originally thinking you may have a bad switch, but it sounds more now like you may have some butchered wiring. If you can pop the switch out you can get a look at the wiring.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:06 PM   #6
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is it possible somebody tried to straight wire and steal your cart ? I'm trying to understand the cut wires to the back of the switch. The white that you say is the only one connected is the reverse power to the controller. If it were powered up all the time would explain the reverse only and beeper in all positions.
Old 07-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
SBIRD!
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is there any low voltage wires on the key switch that the OP should be aware of? Would hate to hear that he fried his controller.
SBIRD! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:23 PM   #8
coopers dad
Not Yet Wild

It was not hot wired, the problem was intermittent but now appears to be a very repeatable failure. No one tried to get at my cart in my garage. That white wire I mentioned is not part of the ignition switch but appears to be for a charge meter. Tried the suggestions to upload the picture but so far no luck doing that. I get text on the screen but no picture. I have ordered a new RXV ignition switch (cheap fix if it works) and will disconnect a battery cable for safety. then try to get my big hand in the back to release the clips. Worst case, pull the dash to get at it. Worst, worst case, if this doesn't fix things, is to call a guy who has serviced the cart before, very knowledgeable, reasonable rates. He has been on vacation this week or I would have asked him to come by already. Thanks for the replies, will update when I know more.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:24 PM   #9
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBIRD! View Post
Is there any low voltage wires on the key switch that the OP should be aware of? Would hate to hear that he fried his controller.
No, not on the keyswitch. Yellow is 48v from the solenoid, red is 48v to the gang of 5 sonic weld, white and red are 48v to forward or reverse on the main plug at controller. Still curious how they got cut behind the dash.
Old 07-10-2021, 06:28 PM   #10
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopers dad View Post
It was not hot wired, the problem was intermittent but now appears to be a very repeatable failure. No one tried to get at my cart in my garage. That white wire I mentioned is not part of the ignition switch but appears to be for a charge meter. Tried the suggestions to upload the picture but so far no luck doing that. I get text on the screen but no picture. I have ordered a new RXV ignition switch (cheap fix if it works) and will disconnect a battery cable for safety. then try to get my big hand in the back to release the clips. Worst case, pull the dash to get at it. Worst, worst case, if this doesn't fix things, is to call a guy who has serviced the cart before, very knowledgeable, reasonable rates. He has been on vacation this week or I would have asked him to come by already. Thanks for the replies, will update when I know more.
I keep a spare RXV switch in my box of tricks for just such a situation. I'm betting you've got a bad one. The way that switch is made inside is prone to failure in time.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO