lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #11
spm199316
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2017 RXV 12V accessories not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
If I have read all this right this converter is supposed to be triggered by power from the key switch. Currently you have 48 input from battery pack to converter but no 12 volt output. But you also have no input from the key switch to activate the converter. Is that an accurate assessment ? If so, then you have a problem in the feed from switch to converter. I don't know where it's tied in but it should be activated from key switch output.
Yes that’s correct I’m not sure where the activation wire comes from. Since it’s not connected to the solenoid I guess it would be connected to the key switch? I’m not sure where the wire goes. I only know it is labeled 48V Ignition. Is there an easy way to get access to the key switch to check?
spm199316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #12
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm199316 View Post
Yes that’s correct I’m not sure where the activation wire comes from. Since it’s not connected to the solenoid I guess it would be connected to the key switch? I’m not sure where the wire goes. I only know it is labeled 48V Ignition. Is there an easy way to get access to the key switch to check?
There is a 4 pin plug that plugs to the back of the key switch. There is a yellow wire, one of the 4, that provides main power to the switch. When switched on, it powers a red wire leaving the switch and going to many places. There are several places along that red where they could have potentially connected to that source. Where on the cart is the voltage reducer located ? If it's under the seat somewhere then I wouldn't think they would have ran the "ignition" lead from the reducer all the way to the dash. ( although they may have, I have no idea ) Try to back trace the ignition lead to the reducer to where it may be connected to a red wire somewhere. I think I am to understand that this is an original OEM EzGo installation ? If so, maybe somebody here has a wiring schematic that would show that connection. I would also believe that if a factory connection that it would be fused. I know of several places where the needed power could come from, but not being familiar with the wiring, I wouldn't want to guess or recommend to you a place to connect it. A way to test that would be to disconnect the "ignition" lead going to the reducer and jumper it to battery pack positive. If that makes all of your accessories work, then you'll know for certain that your trigger lead for the reducer is missing power. But only do this with the "ignition" lead cut loose from wherever it is wired to now so that you don't back feed power from battery positive to anything else upstream. If you don't understand the way I have explained this, Then don't do it !
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:53 AM   #13
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Most likely, the trigger wire for the converter is connected to the KS wire wire by a solder joint within the harness, rather than a separate wire to connect to the solenoid Pos terminal. That solder joint would probably be right where the harness comes into the battery tub, which is virtually inaccessible with the batteries in the cart. Remove the batteries for access to that area to check for that connection. Maybe usgicollector will see this post and have a wiring diagram for the current RXV.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Okay.. Round 2…. Pull the converter out and look on its body.. Mine had a wiring diagram on it.. I would think if it had a trigger circuit there would be 5 wires going to the converter. Mine only had 4 because it was on all of the time.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:39 PM   #15
spm199316
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Okay.. Round 2…. Pull the converter out and look on its body.. Mine had a wiring diagram on it.. I would think if it had a trigger circuit there would be 5 wires going to the converter. Mine only had 4 because it was on all of the time.
There are 5 wires coming from the converter. I don’t see a wiring diagram on the converter however it does show a pinout.
AEA3726A-587B-4A2F-8E1D-1B66C889CCE6.jpg
Old 07-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you look on the plug or the socket do you see numbers?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #17
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That particular reducer has both switched and not switched output. " The 41020C10 is a 20A DC to DC converter. The converter is used to provide energy for 12V apparatus from either a 48V or 36V source. The converter provides both a switched output and an unswitched output.
The switched output responds to the IGNITION input. When the IGNITION input is active, the switched output is ON. The feature is primarily used when the converter is used to power a radio with memory requirements. When used with a radio, the unswitched output provides power for the radio memory. If a switched output is not required, then the unswitched output should be used, and the ignition and switched output pins can be left unconnected.
The converter is designed to withstand reverse battery, over-temperature, over-current, and short circuit without damage to the unit. FUNCTIONAL DESCRIPTION Connections to the unit are made via a 6 pin Deutsch DT style connector. The terminals are as follows: Pin 1: +48/36V Input Voltage. This pin provides the input voltage to the converter. Pin 2: Ignition. This pin provides a signal that turns the switched output on and off. Pin 3: Ground. This pin should be connected to the system ground. Pin 4: +12V (Memory). This pin is the unswitched output voltage. Pin 5: +12V Switched. This pin is the switched output voltage. Pin 6: Ground. "
Old 07-12-2021, 01:07 PM   #18
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

This should help.. I went out and dug through my parts and found this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 604E0BA3-5917-44D0-9547-F52C3D53C96F.jpg (145.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #19
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The switched circuit is optional. If the converter is good, and has 48v going in to it, then it has an available "unswitched" lead that is powered all the time.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:50 PM   #20
spm199316
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to everyone for all of the help I think I have it solved. A pack rat decided to use my cart as a home…
6BE0A12C-91FD-4EC5-88FF-4B85DAAFBB12.jpg

Tags
lights, rxv, step down
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO