lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 built txt48

Hey guys I’m at a lose right now with my cart. Built the cart month or so ago. Only thing not new on cart is frame. New Alltrax xct 48500 new D&D high torque motor. 400 amp solenoid. 1/0 wire from motor and batteries. Problem I’m having is d&d field map got the cart to 21 mph but throttle was to jerky. Alltrax field map was smooth but only got cart to 15 mph. I know it’s built more for pulling and not speed but 21 is a good all around speed for cart. Now my problem is I have no codes but I cannot get a signal to return back to controller from ITS. Have 10.43 volts on white wire and black wire which Alltrax said is within range. However when you press pedal I have no drop on white wire which lead tech from Alltrax to think ITS was bad. I had 4 new ITS on shelf and put everyone in it and still same results. I’m lost. What else can I check to rule out ITS before I send controller back to have checked out?? Thank you for your help and input.
Ransom276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 07:08 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2012 built txt48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom276 View Post
Hey guys I’m at a lose right now with my cart. Built the cart month or so ago. Only thing not new on cart is frame. New Alltrax xct 48500 new D&D high torque motor. 400 amp solenoid. 1/0 wire from motor and batteries. Problem I’m having is d&d field map got the cart to 21 mph but throttle was to jerky. Alltrax field map was smooth but only got cart to 15 mph. I know it’s built more for pulling and not speed but 21 is a good all around speed for cart. Now my problem is I have no codes but I cannot get a signal to return back to controller from ITS. Have 10.43 volts on white wire and black wire which Alltrax said is within range. However when you press pedal I have no drop on white wire which lead tech from Alltrax to think ITS was bad. I had 4 new ITS on shelf and put everyone in it and still same results. I’m lost. What else can I check to rule out ITS before I send controller back to have checked out?? Thank you for your help and input.
There ought to be about 10V BETWEEN the black and white wires with pedal up and about 6V with pedal down.

Are you saying you are getting 10.43V on white wire and 10.43V on the black wire (two separate voltage readings) with the voltmeter referenced to B- at battery pack?

If so, there is a dead short across the ITS sensor.

-----------------

What is the D&D motor's model#?

What do the field amps drop to at top speed on level pavement with the D&D Field Map and what do they drop to with the Alltrax Field Map?

What is the tire height?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 06:58 AM   #3
Ransom276
Not Yet Wild

Johnie b it was bad black wire going to ITS. I replaced it and it’s working correctly now. The field map from Alltrax goes up to 21/22 mph now as well. Not sure why one would and one would get to that speed because of a bad wire. You would think it would have the same affect on both field maps. Now I’m trying to get it smooth all across throttle curve. It’s not bad but there is one spot about half throttle it kicks another gear and takes off like a rocket. Lol
Ransom276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:28 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Should have effected bot the same. Maybe just a coincidence.

Glad to hear you solved the problem.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no return on its signal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO