lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2021, 06:28 PM   #1
codog525
Not Yet Wild

Smile Please Help! ezgo 36v to 48v

Hi there all! First post here as I am new and getting into this awesome hobby of golf carts. I recently purchased a 2006 EZGO TXT PDS 36v. I took out the entire guts of the cart down to the frame and getting it all redone myself(Minus painting the body and upholstery). I purchased the navitas 600amp controller 36v or 48v, 48v high speed/high torque motor, 48v solenoid, new 4g cable set, 6 8v Trojan batteries, diode.

My question is: is there anyone that has done this same set up and if so, is there a clear diagram you used to wire it up? Where do I wire the new solenoid at in relation to the controller? Do I still need to use or plug in the tow/run switch in?

I have a new wheel and tire package as well size is 23X10X14. What speeds should I be around when I get my cart all hooked up? The info for the motor is 48v high speed/high torque 7-hp part number 7115 on buggies unlimited site.

If any one has any information on wiring this kit up please feel free to teach me.
codog525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
Farrier
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please Help! ezgo 36v to 48v

Wow. I'm in the same process of switching to 48v from 36v but I left all of my wiring intact until I have all of my parts ready to go at once. Best of luck.
Farrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 09:21 PM   #3
Ctruax1081
Not Yet Wild

Did the navitas controller not come with a wiring diagram? I basically did the same thing except stayed with the 36v batteries but I ordered the Alltrax controller. It came with a wiring diagram and like someone else said, didn’t take everything apart till it all arrived. I took pictures of the current wiring before taking apart. However you should be fine with a wiring diagram and some YouTube videos. DIY golf cart has a YouTube channel and I believe they have instructional videos on the navitas. They did for alltrax. Good luck!
Ctruax1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:54 PM   #4
codog525
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctruax1081 View Post
Did the navitas controller not come with a wiring diagram? I basically did the same thing except stayed with the 36v batteries but I ordered the Alltrax controller. It came with a wiring diagram and like someone else said, didn’t take everything apart till it all arrived. I took pictures of the current wiring before taking apart. However you should be fine with a wiring diagram and some YouTube videos. DIY golf cart has a YouTube channel and I believe they have instructional videos on the navitas. They did for alltrax. Good luck!
Awesome thank you so much I will check out that video channel on YouTube
Old 08-16-2021, 10:55 PM   #5
codog525
Not Yet Wild

I agree I was so excited to tear it apart and get it all cleaned up and painted
Old 08-17-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
Farrier
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by codog525 View Post
I agree I was so excited to tear it apart and get it all cleaned up and painted
Everyone on this forum has jumped the gun at some point on a project, including me
Farrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 11:35 AM   #7
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I purchased the navitas 600amp controller 36v or 48v, 48v high speed/high torque motor, 48v solenoid, new 4g cable set, 6 8v Trojan batteries, diode.

My question is: is there anyone that has done this same set up and if so, is there a clear diagram you used to wire it up? Where do I wire the new solenoid at in relation to the controller? Do I still need to use or plug in the tow/run switch in?
The manual that comes with your TSX3.0 covers it all and there are over 100 installation videos on Youtube. The installation of a TSX3.0 into a PDS cart is incredibly straight forward.

Try GCModified or the Navitas Vehicle Systems groups on Facebook. There are literally thousands of documented installs between those who forums and all the Navitas tech support people hang out there.

The PDS install is very similar (almost identical) to the TXT48 install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wPH...el=DIYGolfCart

You will need to figure out a mounting bracket for your new solenoid. If you go to GCMods, Electric Golf Cart Hacks or the Navitas forum on Facebook you can ask/find thousands of photos of how people have dealt with the solenoid bracket.

Quote:
I have a new wheel and tire package as well size is 23X10X14. What speeds should I be around when I get my cart all hooked up? The info for the motor is 48v high speed/high torque 7-hp part number 7115 on buggies unlimited site.
About 22-23mph top speed depending on impact of rolling resistance, brake drag, etc... To get top performance you need an AC traction inverter and 5kW induction motor from Navitas. This is a legacy DC Shunt system you have. With the price you paid for that TSX3.0 and new AMD motor you could have gotten a complete AC upgrade kit and hit 30+ mph.

Quote:
If any one has any information on wiring this kit up please feel free to teach me.
Facebook will be your better source for support. As well, if you have any trouble with your install contact Navitas support and a tech will walk you through everything:

https://www.navitasvs.com/contact
844-576-2499 (Toll-Free)

Navitas does direct end user support and they are great.
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO