lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2021, 11:50 PM   #1
kkucera07
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 48v yamaha wouldnt slow down

I have a 07 48v Yamaha that has 4 12v 2020 batteries in it. I had it out at the course yesterday. After hitting a shot I jumped on it to go forward and it accelerated to full speed but then wouldn’t stop. Almost as if the accelerator got stuck “wide open”, this continued for a considerable amount of time. The only way I managed to get it to stop was turning the key off. It has never does this before and I’ve never had any other problems with it. Anyone ever had this issue? If so, how did you fix it? Thanks!
kkucera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2021, 05:24 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 48v yamaha wouldnt slow down

Well, that can be pretty dangerous... first thing i'd check is the throttle sensor.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:20 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Not good. I've not had that happen but that's what the main contactor and switch are for - and you did the right thing! Several things can fail and cause that. Throttle sensor or controller are the most likely. If it did not stop when you took your foot off the throttle, I would bet on a controller failure.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:27 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Are you saying that you took your foot off of the pedal and it kept running?
If so you might have a stick or a pencil stuck in the pedal assembly. When you cycled the key did normal operation return?
Your 07 was prone to corrosion on the pedal assembly causing the pedals to get stiff. Is your accelerator pedal sticky?

I had a similar condition on a car. The speed sensor on the back of the motor has a 6" pigtail with a 3 pin connector on it. The connection gets dirty and causes erratic speed. Put the car in tow mode. Disconnect the plug and and clean the pins. Plug it back in.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
kkucera07
Not Yet Wild

Yes when I took my foot off the gas pedal it kept running wide open. After I turn the key off, it came to a stop, turned the key back on and it ran normal again.
Old 08-18-2021, 09:54 AM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As mentioned, probably something in the pedal compartment causing the issue? Lift the floormat on driver side, remove the metal plate below, check/clean the assembly area. There is a sensor and a stop switch attached... maybe take a picture and post it here.
Old 08-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
kkucera07
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for all the info guys! I ordered a new throttle sensor and installed it. Haven’t had the same issue since!! I appreciate all the help!
Old 08-23-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Old 08-24-2021, 11:53 AM   #9
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I'm glad that your car is working.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha