lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #1
srmoore041109
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default My TXT no longer has working lights

I bought a new keyless switch for my 21 txt. After hooking it up (it’s a Stinger) the cart wouldn’t run. After messing with it I gave up. When I went to put the old ignition back, I blew a fuse 3 times. I finally got the cart running, but the lights won’t come on. My model has the lights integrates into the ignition. I have tried the wires every which way, but still can’t get it to work. I have a white/yellow, white, and 2 same color wires with blue ends. Can anyone share the correct locations on the ignition for them?
srmoore041109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2021, 10:17 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: My TXT no longer has working lights

You may have put pack voltage through the lights and that’s not good for 12 volt bulbs. What markings are on the switch.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 10:33 AM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

The B should be the white wire. I should be white/yellow. The others are lights. Check the 2 same color wires unplugged to see if something is back feeding thru there. And check the white wire and see what voltage is. If its an electric cart, you may have shorted the key switch n which case, you are likely feeding the whole switch pack voltage.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 07:38 PM   #4
srmoore041109
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Voltage is good, and the wires are correct. When I first saw the issue the lights came on for a second, and then blew the fuse. You think there is a chance I just blew every bulb, or is there another fuse I should look for?
Old 08-29-2021, 07:43 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

It is very possible that you blew every bulb. Does one of the wires to the switch have + 12 volts on it with the negative of your meter on pack negative?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
srmoore041109
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So after some diagnostics, and finally getting new bulbs I found that they were all blown. Thanks for all the help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO