lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
roxyrose08
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 86 ezgo lift help

nomo i love the help you have to give. thank you . did you notice any power loss from the bigger tires? have you done much fo engine mods? mine is a touch slow and im worried of losing power from 22in tires. oh and love the board racks, i have some rakes from a wakesetter that i scored at work so no wheel barrow trips to the beach! and awesome back seat!
roxyrose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-26-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyrose08 View Post
nomo i love the help you have to give. thank you . did you notice any power loss from the bigger tires? have you done much fo engine mods? mine is a touch slow and im worried of losing power from 22in tires. oh and love the board racks, i have some rakes from a wakesetter that i scored at work so no wheel barrow trips to the beach! and awesome back seat!
I did see a little loss of power, especially climbing large hills. I'm going to try the 1 inch shorter belt this fall. But the larger tires do increase the top speed, with the gov. removed, I can hit 23+ mph. I have some plans this winter for a front bumper and lights. I may take the motor out, upsize the piston and replace all the seals, but I'm undecided. It just runs so good now, I hate to screw with it. The wakesetter board racks sound like the ticket! Hope to see some photos soon. Are you doing any body work? I took all the body panels off and had them painted last winter. It was baby blue before. nomo
nomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #13
mopar92
Gone Wild

The probelm with block lifting is 2 major things. You will have negative castor, and it will have high speed wandering. Second, the springs will allow the front axle to fold under, making the lack of castor worse, and will eventually break the leaf springs hurling you through the front!
mopar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #14
rcbipeflyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The lift kit is very ingenious. Great way to lift the cart with out spending a huge amount of $$.
Since we're talking 86 EZGO...does anyone have links to the technical manual for this year and make? Looking around and haven't been able to find one.
Thanks
rcbipeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #15
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know about ingenious, but it was cheap. If Mopar92 is correct, I am fixing for quite a ride. Being hurled out the front doesn't sound like much fun. I have seen very little change in the caster, possibly since I only lifted the body by three inches. Remember the only thing that actually raised the axel was the tires. But honestly, the combination has worked very well.

I have an '85 manual, I could copy some pages for you it that would help.

nomo
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #16
mopar92
Gone Wild

My art skills are 2nd grade, but I hope this shows. When you hit something like a ditch or bump, it will allow the axle to rotate back more than go up with the bump. As it rotates back, it creates a lot more castor in the wrong way. Castor meaning that the shopping carts that have been hit have - castor and wag back and forth. The top pic is stock, the bottom is a 5" lift lets say... The red lines are the spindle yokes and you can see the rotation articulates in a little exaggerated way. The pink line is the kingpin bolt that goes through the spindle...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gold cart axle issue.jpg (11.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #17
rcbipeflyer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Nomo I need a diagram for the braided cables. The rmgine in the cart was taken apart and I'm trying to figure out how the cables operating the carburetor, a lever gizmo back by the differential, and the oil pump and anything else. Any technical pages would help...Thanks
rcbipeflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #18
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar92 View Post
My art skills are 2nd grade, but I hope this shows. When you hit something like a ditch or bump, it will allow the axle to rotate back more than go up with the bump. As it rotates back, it creates a lot more castor in the wrong way. Castor meaning that the shopping carts that have been hit have - castor and wag back and forth. The top pic is stock, the bottom is a 5" lift lets say... The red lines are the spindle yokes and you can see the rotation articulates in a little exaggerated way. The pink line is the kingpin bolt that goes through the spindle...
mopar92. I fully understand what you are saying. Espically the larger or taller you go. Furthermore, I can't recommend that anyone take the approach that I did for lifting this old of a cart. Your insite is something worth thinking about.

nomo
Old 09-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #19
nomo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbipeflyer View Post
Nomo I need a diagram for the braided cables. The rmgine in the cart was taken apart and I'm trying to figure out how the cables operating the carburetor, a lever gizmo back by the differential, and the oil pump and anything else. Any technical pages would help...Thanks
rcbipeflyer, Send me a PM with email address, and I can send you some pdf pages of the cable diagram.

nomo
Old 09-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #20
mopar92
Gone Wild

Sadly, Jakes only has a 4" lift, so I guess, I'll buy it and block it 1", and that way it won't bee too bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO