lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default clutch puller & g1 mods

hi new to carting. i have a 84 g1 it needs crank seals. can anyone tell me what clutch puller i need from the pic. a yamaha or comet? and were do i find a fly wheel puller. i all so plan on putting 36mm carb. and a pipe on it after going jug and head work. dose anyone have any suggestions or pic,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1105091024b.jpg (66.4 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 1105091023b.jpg (77.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 1105091023a.jpg (82.5 KB, 104 views)
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: clutch puller & g1 mods

Thats a Comet clucth, so you'll need a comet puller.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
Newbylee
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You can fab up a flywheel puller with a scrap peice of plate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5031652.jpg (36.3 KB, 98 views)
Newbylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Pappy
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

If you have an AutoZone in your area,they will let you pay full price for a loaner,and refund the money when you return it.I used a harmonic balancer puller and it worked ok. Good Luck!
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The Comet 94C uses a different puller than you guys are recommending. They sell a puller that is basically a 9/16 fine thread bolt with a 5" extension on it.
cwt1010.gif
But I just use a 9/16 (I believe its 18 threads per inch) bolt 1 1/2" long and a cut off bolt around 5 1/2" long and 3/8" OD that I inserted into the bolt hole that holds the clutch on. Be sure the smooth end of the rod will fit inside the threads of the crankshaft and not be forced against the threads of the crank. Then tighten the 9/16 bolt until it starts getting tight turn 1/2 to 1 turn then strike the end of the bolt 1-2 sharply with a hammer and the clutch should "pop" off the crank.

Here's a pic of the setup I use.
PB110112.jpg
The red handled tool is a spanner wrench to hold the clutch from spinning.

That clutch can be taken apart and modded with different weights and springs for tons of possibilities tuning.
http://www.hoffcocomet.com/comet/ind...alibration.asp
tikicart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

thank you, this is very help full and the web site is great
Old 11-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

TIKI
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #8
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The Comet link I referred to in an earlier post has been removed. Comet closed in Oct 2009 so getting parts will be a little more difficult. There is tons of info out there on tuning a primary snowmobile clutch, but very few people are tuning their golf cart primary clutch. I guess this is because most 4 stroke motors really won't benefit that much from primary tuning. The two strokes are a different animal and can benefit greatly from tuning the primary, unleashing the 215cc beast with the proper pipe. Here is another link on tuning the primary clutch and one of the 94C tuning and removing with puck part numbers.

http://kawicat.tripod.com/weblog/id4.html

http://www.marshalldistributing.com/...p.-336-346.pdf
Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
tikicart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I took apart my clutch again, the weights I am running are 3, pn 212029 (20 gram) and 3, pn 211477 (25.5 gram). Parts are getting scarce since Comet closed in Oct 2009, check with sled companies for old stock. The reason I took apart my clutch again was because I found the belt was stopping 3/8" from the top of the sliding sheave, I did this by making a big line with a sharpie and making some passes, the belt will wear off the sharpie up to its highest point of travel. This was because the spring was fully compacted stopping the two sheaves from contacting each other. I found there was 3/16" of stem spacers behind the stem, see page 5 of PDF. This now allows the two halves to come fully together which should push the belt further up the sheaves. The two parts are threaded together, so you unscrew the stem from the fixed face. The stock 94c is a good clutch, and comes tuned for the average cart, but the tuning possibilities and combinations are almost endless.

Comet 94c.pdf
Old 02-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

hay tikicart the clutch tuning tips are great. i want do some mods to my 84 g1 i am thinking of milling the head and porting the jug. i got a banshee pipe and blaster reed cage and a stock blaster carb. what do you think of the stock blaster car? any suggestions or pic would be great. thank you.

Tags
g1 pullers & pipes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha