lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
Rich20001
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help on where to get EZGO part

Well, I took the covers off of my 99 EZGO so that I could paint them, but in the process of taking off the front nose piece I broke off a bolt that holds on the top bracket bar support. There are two bolts on each side of the front that hold the top front window and top support. These bolts goe into a nut with threads that is spot welded to the frame. In trying to remove the bolt I ended up having to cut the welded nut off. I am looking to find someone or place that would have one of these or an old frame where the welded nut could be cut off in tact so that I could weld this back on to my cart.

If anyone has any ideas please respond, thanks.
Rich20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need Help on where to get EZGO part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich20001 View Post
Well, I took the covers off of my 99 EZGO so that I could paint them, but in the process of taking off the front nose piece I broke off a bolt that holds on the top bracket bar support. There are two bolts on each side of the front that hold the top front window and top support. These bolts goe into a nut with threads that is spot welded to the frame. In trying to remove the bolt I ended up having to cut the welded nut off. I am looking to find someone or place that would have one of these or an old frame where the welded nut could be cut off in tact so that I could weld this back on to my cart.

If anyone has any ideas please respond, thanks.
I also broke one of the bolts that held the windshield frame to the front cowl. I tried using a stud extractor, but it broke off as well. I had to drill it out, then simply bought a longer bolt and added a nut on the inside of the frame. Make sure you get the proper strength nut and bolt and you should be fine.

Adam
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Welcome to BGW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I also broke one of the bolts that held the windshield frame to the front cowl. I tried using a stud extractor, but it broke off as well. I had to drill it out, then simply bought a longer bolt and added a nut on the inside of the frame. Make sure you get the proper strength nut and bolt and you should be fine.

Adam
Same thing happened to me. In fact, I replaced all 4 bolts with SS hardware to prevent the others from rusting as well. Any nut or bolt I remove from my cart gets replaced with SS. My cart is much happier now....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
rib33024

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
eparker
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I always use never sieze on my nuts.......It is a grafite based paste that is made to keep stuff from sticking together. It has something to do with different metals causing some type of galvanic reaction that causes rust/corrosion. It makes install and removal easier later. Its found as a paste type at any good auto part store......
eparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
Rich20001
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I am gonna just drill it out and get a bolt that fits to replace it. Appreciate the feedback.
Rich20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich20001 View Post
Thanks guys, I am gonna just drill it out and get a bolt that fits to replace it. Appreciate the feedback.
Before you drill, look to see if the end of the bolt goes through the frame. May be able to grab it with Channel locks from the back and screw it out.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparker View Post
I always use never sieze on my nuts.......It is a grafite based paste that is made to keep stuff from sticking together. It has something to do with different metals causing some type of galvanic reaction that causes rust/corrosion. It makes install and removal easier later. Its found as a paste type at any good auto part store......

I'am going to have to try some of that chit, because some times I can't get a nut off either-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparker View Post
That seems kind of extreme? I just use a little baby powder in the summer time.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO