lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #11
DUNBAR
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZ-GO Golf Cart Sluggish on Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeeMan View Post
Can you do me a favor and measure the distance from the floor to bottom of the roof? I am going to make a roof and just need to know that distance as a reference point for the rest of the build.

Thanks
55.5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyedm2003 View Post
One thing I can tell you is .....DON"T slam from fwd to rev like that. A 2 stroke actually runs the engine in reverse direction to go in rev. If you keep doing that, your going to break a rod.

I would still check compression in both fwd and rev. It should be 100 minimum.
It doesn't sound like yours is taching up.
Also, check drive belt. Is it worn? Is it slipping when your moving up hill on the driven pulley?
What is the the drive pulley doing when your moving up hill?

These will point you in the direction of your problem.

Yeah I didn't feel good when I did that either...knowing it's hard on the motor.

I haven't had time to work on this since I've been so busy but I need to know the compression on this motor...plan on doing this sunday.

The guy who sold me this said his kids were jumping hills with it..then it slowed down to what you see and got rid of it.

When this cart bogs down, I've been driving my truck behind it and no smoke, no sign of anything being lost through the motor...but that's an uneducated opinion since I'm going off lawnmowers or other motors I've had over the years that smoked crazy when they had to endure a load.

Answers should be here in the next week.
DUNBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2010, 08:31 AM   #12
scJohn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO Golf Cart Sluggish on Hills

Bad ramp buttons in the driven clutch will cause this problem also. A simple 4 dollar fix.
scJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez-go, ez-go gas golf cart, ezgo, gas golf cart, golf cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO