lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Workhhorse High 5 Lift Question

Hello everyone, I have a Jacobsen/EZ GO Workhorse that is now stripped down to the frame. My brother and I are totally rebuilding it and are finishing up the frame work. We were told by a site sponsor that All Sports told them we could use a TXT High 5 lift kit as long as we ground off the bump stops on the rear axle. Has anyone ever heard of or done this? Standard Workhorse 5" kit has extra brackets to compensate for the rear bump stops and adds alot of possible rear end flex. We want to use the High 5 kit so that we can run larger tires. Not sure of the exact year model because the VIN plate is missing. Engine was not with cart at time of purchase, Big block install later. The cart has the original steel dump bed, manually lifted and lowered. I want to make sure the High 5 kit will work by grinding off the bump stops before I order the kit and grind away the stops on the axle. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Workhhorse High 5 Lift Question

Welcome to BGW I'am not sure about your question, because I have never used that lift, but some one should be along that knows something about it-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:57 PM   #3
venturer77
Not Yet Wild

I used a regular ezgo lift kit on my workhorse. When I did the axle flip and used the new pirches I had to grind two nipples that held the original pirches. Hope this helps
venturer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:25 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just bought the econ ezgo "factory" lift for my 99. Should give it 4" lift. You will have to cut off the nips on the back axle and I believe you need to flip the brake assemblies from right to left to clear the springs. Saw one done last weekend an the guy told me he had done that. From the factory the cables are on the top and will hit the perches at least on mine.

Is yours the old style steering with the gearbox mounted to the frame or is it attached to the axle ? and if it is a wh there should be a serial number on the top of the passenger side rear frame rail you can look up. Pics would also help.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #5
BlackBerryHill
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the responses. After further review I was able to determine the brake assemblies would have to be switched and flipped, along with some minor cutting of nipples and perches. Sounds like everyones advice matches my suspicions about the install. I will order the high 5 lift and make the necessary mods to adapt the lift to the cart. I found some numbers engraved on the passenger frame rail, but didn't know if that was the serial number. I'll have to run those numbers and see what kind of info I get back. My steering assy is the old style that uses 3 bolts. When we get the lift installed I'll post some pics and details about the install for everyone to see.
Thanks everybody
Bryan
BlackBerryHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Just a heads up, after installing the factory lift on my wh I figured out you had the install the brake cable pins and brackets BEFORE bolting the brake assemblies to the axle. Couldn't get them in otherwise..
Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have put on several of those kits and have never once messed with the brakes. the only thing I do is grind down the alignment pin on the rear diff alittle.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
I have put on several of those kits and have never once messed with the brakes. the only thing I do is grind down the alignment pin on the rear diff alittle.
Not sure what would be diff with mine but the brake actuators would have hit the perches if I had left them like they were. Had to flip them so they were under the axle and out of the way. Oh well, either way the lift install isn't too difficult.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #9
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

IM PUTTING THE HIGH 5 LIFT ON A '99 WORKHORSE STARTING TONIGHT. ILL TAKE PICS AND LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES.
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
blake80
REAL MEN GET EM DIRTY

E-Z-GO

We got the front end put together last night and started on the rear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dan3.jpg (73.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DAN4.jpg (64.8 KB, 22 views)
blake80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ez go lift, high 5 lift, rear suspension, workhorse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO