lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
CampCrown
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Lift Question

Hi Everyone,
I am new to this whole cart thing. I just got a 99 EZ GO electric DCS from a friend and am working to make it look better. I have removed the body and am having it painted.

I want to put a lift and big tires on but I am confused. Should I use a drop axle lift or a spindle lift? Also so I get everything to match can anyone recommend a combo lift with tires? My wife likes the groved tractor looking tires. We wont be using this off road, just around the campgrounds.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Jason
CampCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
gatormeup
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie Lift Question

tractor pattern may offer a rougher ride than say a knobby, if you do get the tractor style, try to make sure they have a center lug to help smooth the ride!!
gatormeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
PEvil
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I personally like the spindle lift better because of the added ground clearance that the drop axle lifts do not provide and IMO they look better than the drop axle lifts. The spindle lift also moves the front tires further out to the front and widens the cart for added stability. Wheels and tires are really up to you and what looks good to you. I always have found if the wife thinks a part looks good, there is less of a chance she will complain about the cost
PEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

You can look at two ways, the axle lift is a stronger axle setup better than stock, I have seen stock axles bend fairly easy. A spindle lift is just that just the spindle, but if you are looking at Jake's they make a great product. I guess it depends on how you look at it and how you will be using it. A spindle lift is quick and easy to install.

PS, on your dcs cart be careful of the controller, those carts are known to have controller issues, especially once a lift and tires are added: extra weight.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

you will NOT gain extra clearance by using a spindle lift. The rear chunk is your lowest point of contact. You will gain more clearence up frt but it wont clear the rear diff. Keep that in mind.

The curved frt ends also move the tires out about 1-2 inches for that added stability. Atleast the EZGO brand ones do.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
PEvil
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=COURTESYCART;455572]You will gain more clearence up frtQUOTE]

This is what I meant, thought it was fairly obvious that the rear lift would be the same with both setups.
PEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

[quote=PEvil;455593]
Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
You will gain more clearence up frtQUOTE]

This is what I meant, thought it was fairly obvious that the rear lift would be the same with both setups.
Thats cool. I didn't want the OP to think by using a spindle lift he would gain more clearance all around.

I have installed both. The spindle is by far the easiest to install. When it comes to which one is better, I say its personal preference.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
CampCrown
Not Yet Wild

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I decided to go with the drop axle and have put on new 22-11-10's with some cool rims. Cart is looking good. Body is away being painted 'Ravens' purple and I am having Dr. D from Florida come up to paint the Ravens emblem and pin strip the cart. I am having a ball but my checking out is not liking this whole golf cart modification thing.
CampCrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO