lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
slowgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default blue white smoke going down a hill

The other day I was riding my cart I was going down a hill and it smoked really heavy for a few mins then it cleared up. Then later on went down another hill again and it smoked again.I checked the oil and it was fine. Any other ideas? I put a new motor in it a few months ago.
slowgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
BLUE72CAMARO
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: blue white smoke going down a hill

If I had to guess I would say one of your intake valve guides are worn out. The big block in my 72 camaro would smoke like heck when ever I let the engine pull the car down from speed but would not smoke at all any other time. When I disassembled it I found an intake valve guide that was extremely worn out so when the engine was at high rpm with the carb closed off it was sucking all the air it could get past that valve guide since it was at high vacuum in the intake manifold. It was massive amounts of smoke to not just a light haze!
BLUE72CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
slowgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The guy at the golf cart shop said it was proble to much oil and going down a hill could make it do that. Has anyone else heard of that.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Well it could be too much oil but you say that you checked that so it isn't is it? Blue Camero is probably correct that you have a worn valve guide. When you back off the throttle for an instant you create a high vacuum in the inlet manifold and as nature abhors a vacuum the engine looks for an escape path. If the valve seal is worn then air and anything else, in your case oil, will be sucked into the engine.

Now it could also be a blocked oil return path. Oil is pumped to the top of the engine but relies on gravity to return it to the sump. If the return paths are blocked the an excess of oil will accumulate around the valves. My first step would be to remove the valve cover and with a straightened coat hanger ream out the oil channels. If that doesn't set you straight then it is time for a top end service.

Dave Box
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #5
slowgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I guess ill check that first but it is a new rebuilt motor from ezgo is what the dealer told me it only has about 40 hours on it. It has a year warranty so they mite be getting it back then.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO