lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Default Please help me understand 36v system

Looking at the wiring on my Marathon can someone tell me what the A1, A2, S1, S2, B+ and B- all stand for and their relevance to the electrical circuit??? I know this might be a lot to ask but I know one of you know what i'm asking.

The reason I ask,,, My A1 terminal connection got very hot while driving.. anyone know why that would happen??? Seems like I lost a lot of top end power/speed when it got hot.. hole shot is still good.
Thanks
Here is the wiring diagram of my cart

Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please help me understand 36v system

evening bump
Old 12-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

You have a loose/high resistance connection. While holding the cable to prevent the terminal from twisting, remove the nut and cable connection. Clean it well, both the terminal and the cable end, then reassemble. If the terminal stud nut is loose, tighten it while preventing the stud itself from turning; using a double nut on the end can accomplish this. Make sure the cable end is well-attached to the cable itself. After all this, if the connection still gets hot, you probably have a problem within the motor.

Running the cart like this WILL cause damage.

Any hot connection, anywhere, must be repaired immediately!
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

A1, A2 are Armature, S1, S2 are feild coil. B+ and B- are batt + and -.

Hot connections = bad connections.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:15 AM   #5
littlebob
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Like said previously, Heat kills and loose connections mean more resistance, which makes heat. I've only been helping my friend at his shop for a few weeks, but last week we had to replace 2 F&R's that were ruined from loose conections and today we had to replace all the battery cables on another and you could see where the cheap cables met the battery had got hot and were starting to damage the battery. If the terminal on the motor got to hot it could have damaged the motor windings.

Last edited by littlebob; 12-18-2010 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: add information
littlebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 AM   #6
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Great responses... thanks guys.. i'm looking at all connections and redoing as I go.. Thanks again
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO