lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry Low pressure warning light

Anyone know where I can get a low pressure warning light? I have searched the web to no avail. (Found one for a club Car) I know someone has got to be selling them, just can't find a source. I am trying to decide whether to install a low pressure warning light or go with a manual oil pressure gauge. Want to compare costs. Thanks
Texas001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Low pressure warning light

I would think most of your local auto parts stores would have something.
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sun pro makes this one looks analog and only needs a wire.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...%7CGRP2032____

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #4
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Not exactly sure what you want here. Are you looking for a sensor and a light, or a light to work with the low pressure cut-out switch on the engine or to replace a broken existing light? The lights themselves can be any 12v panel light (any parts house will have them and choose red or amber). To wire to the cut-out, if it has one wire, you need to know if it grounds at low or high pressure. If it grounds at low, its easy...you just wire the light to a switched positive and the cut-out. This would also be true for an aftermarket sender. If it is a two wire, you'd need to figure out which side is the output and wire to that...which is likely positive, not ground.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb05 View Post
Not exactly sure what you want here. Are you looking for a sensor and a light, or a light to work with the low pressure cut-out switch on the engine or to replace a broken existing light? The lights themselves can be any 12v panel light (any parts house will have them and choose red or amber). To wire to the cut-out, if it has one wire, you need to know if it grounds at low or high pressure. If it grounds at low, its easy...you just wire the light to a switched positive and the cut-out. This would also be true for an aftermarket sender. If it is a two wire, you'd need to figure out which side is the output and wire to that...which is likely positive, not ground.
My 2003 does not have a low oil pressure light now. It does have one wire coming out from behind the fan cowl. I pulled the cowl and find that the wire is coming from an oil pressure sending unit. But that wire has a "plug in" terminal end is not connected to anything now. Should it be connected somewhere to a low oil kill switch? I don't find a loose wire to plug into the sending unit wire.
What I want to do is find an EZGO low oil pressure light. Then decide if I want the light or a mechanical gauge. I also want to know what is normal oil pressure is for the 295cc engine. I heard that it is low, like 10-15 psi. I want to know that so I can search for a gauge that would be 0-30PSI as opposed to a 0-100PSI gauge that would be harder to read 10PSI of oil pressure. Thanks to all who can answer some of these questions.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #6
steveb05
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok. Gotcha. Well the light itself is just a standard red panel light, but if you want the EZ-GO part number on it, its here a little over half way down the page. From looking at the schematics of the EZGO carts, they don't use the oil switch for low pressure cut-off, so if you don't have a light there is nothing for that wire to plug into. It is a ground on low switch so you just wire the light in series with it on a switched feed. As for the pressure, most small engines are low but I don't know the spec on those.
steveb05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb05 View Post
Ok. Gotcha. Well the light itself is just a standard red panel light, but if you want the EZ-GO part number on it, its here a little over half way down the page. From looking at the schematics of the EZGO carts, they don't use the oil switch for low pressure cut-off, so if you don't have a light there is nothing for that wire to plug into. It is a ground on low switch so you just wire the light in series with it on a switched feed. As for the pressure, most small engines are low but I don't know the spec on those.

Thanks SteveB05,
With the info you gave me as where to find the light I got the part number and also found it at http://www.shopezgo.com/. Now I still need to find out the normal oil pressure and then decide light or gauge. I did see somewhere that the light comes on when the oil pressure drops below 4 lbs. So that is a start for the oil pressure low point.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Texas001
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, I have solved the problem of a low oil pressure warning light. I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge. Can you believe that that little Robin engine produces 35 PSI at idle and near 50 PSI driving? See the pics for yourself. The first pic is at idle, around 900 and the second is driving 5 mph or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0810.jpg (104.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0813.jpg (169.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 PM   #9
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

We ran these in our dirt cars.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Adjust...-Kit,7805.html
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO