lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
bbrazil
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default kingpin play

I have play in the steering of my 84 marathon. The spindles have a lot of play at the bottom of the spindle tube on the kingpin. Seems like the bushing is worn out. Correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like the kingpin is not replaceable as it is a permanent part of the axle so i am assuming that all i can do is replace the bushings. Is there a bushing at the bottom and top of the spindle tube? Is there anything else i should do to correct this problem?
bbrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 PM   #2
M.Gilbert3
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: kingpin play

my spindles were a little loose i put some grease in them and shimmer them up with a big washer on the bottom to tighten it up a little bit...dno if this will help your problem but it helped mine out.
M.Gilbert3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 PM   #3
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i know on my g9 the kingpin is replaceable, its $35 for the kingpin kit with bushings just to give you an idea
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

King pins are replaceable. I just replaced mine. The only issue is how to remove them. Over time, the nut has rusted such that it is almost impossible to remove. I had to cut them using a dremmel tool then hammered them out.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO