lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default EZ Go Workhorse

I'm looking for my first cart. Per suggestion here on another thread it was decided gas would be my best bet because of a rather large hill I need to climb to get from my hunting ground.

I knew someone that had an 87 gas club car, and I've seen an ad for a 91 gas club car that I want to see. Today I looked at a 96 gas EZ Go Workhorse. I was told the older gas carts still might have a problem with a steep hill because the engines are not as good as newer carts. Not sure if that is accurate, or the guy was trying to move me to a newer cart.

Anyway I've spent most of my time looking at CC info, and now need to find out about a workhorse. So guess I'm looking for info such as what size engine would a 96 have, and would it really work better on big hills over the 87 or 91 CC. He asked if I cared if the box dumped or not and I said no, so I'm wondering if you can't manually dump this box. I'm thinking this because we had just looked at a carryall and talked about it being a manual lift.

Also pics I've seen so far it appears the workhorse looks the same as a cart on the front. But if I remember right the one I saw today looked like a metal front. Almost like the chrome diamond sheeting you see, only painted dark green. Is this normal, or was I seeing things? Today it was about 5 degrees and windy, so we didn't stay out there long. I'll go back next week when it's warmer.

Oh he's asking $1650 for the workhorse.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
victorjohn
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ Go Workhorse

I say that is a good price for a Workhorse.
victorjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
reinman88
Gone Wild

Found a picture on line that looks like the one I saw today. So far I've seen someone say this style is a 1994, but still not sure if they kept this style until 96, which is what I've been told the cart is that I looked at today.

Anybody have any idea?

Also at one spot it said this cart came with the 295 engine, would that also be correct, or did they use either the 295 or the 350?

Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 09:57 PM   #4
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

They used the 295 mostly, or maybe all, in the 800 series..

I have a friend who has a 96 that has the green diamond plate, with the
non dump rear bed.
It came stock with a 350 motor. When they are in good condition they will climb quite well. His runs good, it has been used and used and used.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.recycledgoods.com/product...Golf-Cart.html

Does it look like this one that may be electric?

http://www.libertygolfcars.com/e-z-go_workhorse.htm#4X4

Man I would love to have that new ST 4X4 at the top of this list.
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
reinman88
Gone Wild

Sorry, guess I should have posted the picture I saw.

Quote:
I have a friend who has a 96 that has the green diamond plate, with the
non dump rear bed.
It came stock with a 350 motor.
Sounds like the one I looked at today. Wish it would have been warmer today so I could have gotten a better look, but I'll go back next week and go over it good then.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #7
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If it will start and run @ $1650 why are you still looking and not buying.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
reinman88
Gone Wild

They have to dig it out of the snow first. Then again by next Thur all the snow should be melted and I'll be able to drive it around to make sure things work.

Once some of the snow is gone, I'll be able to see what kind of condition it is in.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #9
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

OK. We are to have a spring like weather next week too. Tired of the snow and more snow.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #10
rocko
Gone Wild

I got two of the Workhorse 350 ST 's , and I really like them , I had an electric Club Car and it is no comparision in speed and power , with the 350cc Kawaski I pull a couple of different trailers around and have no problem doing it , you mentioned about the dump body , one of them has the actuator and one is manuel dump , if you plan on doing any work with it like firewood , moving dirt , or hauling deer , the dump is a nice thing to have as I found out after loading the manuel dump up with firewood and having to unload most of it by hand before I could dump it by hand , my manuel dump model has all the weldment in place to accept the ram so if you got one with manuel dump and wanted to upgrade later it would not be much to do ---something the mechanic at the rental house where I got mine from told me that maybe of some help to you when looking at a Workhorse is that they had a few of their units crack the block right above the motor mount on the rear side the motor as it must be a weak spot , so look for any oil build up
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO