lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #21
rocko
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZ Go Workhorse

I am kinda new to carts as I been riding ATV's , I got a electric 1989 Club Car free a year ago and refuburred it and it's about 90% had a lot of fun doing it and it came out nice , I should have never started driving it as I may never finish it , I got the first Workhorses about 5 months now and the second a couple of weeks , and as I said I am new at this but it seems to me that some Workhorses have lift already in them and are more heavy duty in aa lot of different departments , it is more work and hard play orienanted , mine has the leafs on top of the axle tubes where I have seen some that are below , and it comes with 10 inch rims and the frame is strenched out longer , it seems there are at least three different frame lenghts , found this out the hard way with a shift cable , it seems to me that there is extra leafs in the 350 st springs , that is something you also need to think about if adding a box -------------I have a nice and pretty clean metal rear box off an electric EZGO with fold down tail gate with chains , one of the lock levers needs some work and you can have it for a hundred , Greater New Orleans , La area , pics are possible , don't want to ship fishfiles@att.net
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #22
reinman88
Gone Wild

I figure a club car with box added wouldn't handle the weight as well as a workhorse will, but I won't be in a situation where I'll need to load it heavy. Probably nothing heavier then a deer. I'm even thinking of making it easy to remove so I can have a box when needed, and maybe just a flat platform come hunting season for a deer.

Guess that's why I'm a little torn. I'd like to spend less money if possible and still get something that will fill my needs. But at the same time I know the workhorse would be much better built and hold it's value better. The guy that has the workhorse also had 2 carryalls, one about $2100 and I think the other was about $2500. I believe the dealer where I will go tomorrow also has a couple workhorses or carryalls on hand.

I guess right now I'm leaning towards the regular cart, and then in a couple years when I know my money situation will be a little better, I can always look for a workhorse or carryall if I think I need one. Then I can hand the cart I'll get now down to my daughter and her husband. Plus I may find after a couple years that the cart will do everything I need and I'll have no need to look for anything else. Of course we all know how that will work out. It doesn't take much of an excuse to look for a new toy.

Since we had a high of about 5 degrees yesterday, that alone would be a good enough excuse to drive to New Orleans to get a dump box. But I'm thinking a Wally world wagon or a Craig's list garden wagon would end up being a lot cheaper. Wish I was closer.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #23
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Hey Rocko !

You're right as rain about the WH lengths and such...and that they have
beefier components in some areas... Yes sir..

About that bed you have you want 100 bucks for, if you post that in the
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
section , I am sure you might get a gooder response over there..

Regards from south of I 10..lol

CSAson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
I am kinda new to carts as I been riding ATV's , I got a electric 1989 Club Car free a year ago and refuburred it and it's about 90% had a lot of fun doing it and it came out nice , I should have never started driving it as I may never finish it , I got the first Workhorses about 5 months now and the second a couple of weeks , and as I said I am new at this but it seems to me that some Workhorses have lift already in them and are more heavy duty in aa lot of different departments , it is more work and hard play orienanted , mine has the leafs on top of the axle tubes where I have seen some that are below , and it comes with 10 inch rims and the frame is strenched out longer , it seems there are at least three different frame lenghts , found this out the hard way with a shift cable , it seems to me that there is extra leafs in the 350 st springs , that is something you also need to think about if adding a box -------------I have a nice and pretty clean metal rear box off an electric EZGO with fold down tail gate with chains , one of the lock levers needs some work and you can have it for a hundred , Greater New Orleans , La area , pics are possible , don't want to ship fishfiles@att.net
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 AM   #24
rocko
Gone Wild

C - Where have you been getting your EZGO parts south of I-10
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Work Horse 350 ST.jpg (184.0 KB, 6 views)
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #25
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocko View Post
C - Where have you been getting your EZGO parts south of I-10
Hey Rocko.. if I need an ezgo part I shop at mikes online, otherwise I use BGW
Sponsors as much as possible. If its an emergency I go to local shps..I am in Florida so lots of carts.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #26
reinman88
Gone Wild

Got something accomplished today. Stopped at a dealer before looking at the 91 CC. Dealer didn't have anything in my price range. Told me the only thing he'd had lately was a 91 cc, but the engine was getting weak so he didn't keep it around. Told me he'd seen an ad on Craig's list where the guy was selling it for $1000. So I crossed the 91 cc off the list to see.

Called the guy back on the 96 workhorse, and told him I'd come look at it IF he'd do a compression check. He told me to call him back in an hour or so. When I called back he told me the paperwork was messed up on the 96 because it had a bad engine. But he told me they brought in the 98 workhorse TXT that we had gone by that day. I don't really remember it because being a 98 I thought it would be too much. It does have a manual dump box. He said they were tuning it up because someone was suppose to come on Sat to look at all 3 of the ones they have. He had them do a quick compression check and he said it was 155. If I've read correctly on the forum that is good. He said if I want to come tomorrow before the other guy he'd stay with the price of around $1600 which he quoted my on the other cart.

So I'd say about $1600 for a 98 TXT workhorse with a compression test of 155 doesn't sound too bad.

Sound about right to you guys?
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO