lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
bmmiller22
Not Yet Wild

Default Losing Gas from carburetor Vent

I have a 97 ezgo gas cart that runs great for the first ten minutes. After ten minutes or whenever the engine warms up the cart starts losing power and gas start free flowing from the carburetor bowl vent. I suspect the carb is pumping too much gas and flooding the engine but that is just a guess. Compression on both cylinders is good. I have removed and cleaned the carburetor with compressed air and adjusted the valves. Any suggestions on what to do next.
bmmiller22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Losing Gas from carburetor Vent

welcome to BGW its quite possible the carb is just shot and no amount of rebuilding or cleaning is going to help.......most of the time you can get away with just a good going over but on occasion you just need to toss it....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #3
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Just before you toss it, take off the bowl and remove the float. Drop it in the kitchen sink and make sure it floats. If it does then carefully remove the little needle valve that the float pushes on. Using a q tip clean the seat and then rebuild it.

Good luck
Dave

PS Of course if you don't have the time or inclination then do what Shadowman suggests. I cleaned my carburetor most carefully three times and then gave up and bought a new one. Now the cart runs like a sewing machine, I guess after 26 years sometimes things can't be fixed.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah dave not often but sometimes.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO