lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
Halfbreed II
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: Darned clockwise rotation !?

scotty b
Tried to answer you privately, but apparently SPRINT WIRELESS has a problem with VISA. Anywho, I am in the process of pulling out a complete 9 HP Kawasaki CW engine and converter/pulley assembly. It is in my 2000 Club Car that I bought NEW in 2001. It was set at the factory at 2550 RPM and with standard tires and only went 11 MPH, but it can pull a 3000 boat and trailer on flat ground in grass. I put a pick-up bed on it and Tachometer/Hour Meter combo. The dealer who is doing the engine swap [Big Block man's 23HP B@S VANGUARD with performance camshaft and Hi-Rev Kit] agreed to do the installation in exchange for the Drive Train. He has serviced it since it as new but would not turn up the governor because it was sold as an Industrial Unit with only 6 months warranty. I use it to go back and forth to my boat 35 yards away. I will go by his Dealership today to see what its worth. I had to stop boating for three years and it has about 75 hours on it. The engine and converter are like new an has only had 2 oil changes with complete service with it. It starts instantly and is so quiet people think its electric. If you are serious I will have a price by this afternoon and give you the tach/hour meter with it. I have a 2008 GATOR CX that runs 17 MPH and has the same engine in it. The JOHN DEALER set up the governor on the Club Car to run 19MPH. That is all fine but CUMMINS and JOHN DEERE Share technology [ CUMMINS designs them and JOHN DEERE does the assembly. They shared technology back in 1985 to build the 5.9 B series that you see in the Dodge Ram. The local service manager at the place I bought my new GATOR used to operate a Drag Strip in Minnesota and Diesels are popular up there. If you can give your e-mail or Phone # to 'cuzky' on the forum, he can put us together. I have friends in the trucking industry and will have it shipped to you free.

Halfbreed II
Remember 'POSSUM' is the OTHER white meat.

[QUOTE=scottyb;68366]Can you guys help me out?
Halfbreed II is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #12
brakeshoe1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Darned clockwise rotation !?

is it possible to reverse the rotation of a clockwise driven clutch to a counter clockwise? I had the same issue and installed a jackshaft I love the set up with a chain drive from the jackshaft to the rear end. I change sprockets and chain length and I can fly pushing 40mph. Then change it for heavy hauling or uphill climbing. Trying to find a happy medium. But I bought a clockwise driven clutch thinking I would rebuild the fe250 then changed my mind a put the 420 Predator in her.
brakeshoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:31 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Hehee - this thread is nearly 10 yrs old.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #14
rib33024

And a good one. I was reading Tom's post. Good info. - RIP. Tom
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:07 PM   #15
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post

Totally agree rib, I sure do miss being able to call or email him .
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:43 PM   #16
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakeshoe1 View Post
is it possible to reverse the rotation of a clockwise driven clutch to a counter clockwise? I had the same issue and installed a jackshaft I love the set up with a chain drive from the jackshaft to the rear end. I change sprockets and chain length and I can fly pushing 40mph. Then change it for heavy hauling or uphill climbing. Trying to find a happy medium. But I bought a clockwise driven clutch thinking I would rebuild the fe250 then changed my mind a put the 420 Predator in her.
Yes, you can change the spring to change the rotation in a driven clutch. I'm currently researching this myself:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-bad-ugly.html
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #17
brakeshoe1
Not Yet Wild

I simply mounted a jack shaft. then use no.50 chain some sprockets from the jack shaft to a sprocket to the rear end. I put in a HF 420 motor and by changing sprockets and the length of the chain I can climb up the side of the house to running this cart up over 40mph. I took many ideas from this site and used the best ways to do this. This is a fairly low cost method but I took my time. these people on here are great with great ideas. I am a mechanic and a first time cart builder. I love to research and learn. Thanks to all on here. The cart turned out great.
brakeshoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:39 AM   #18
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
Ditto
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ditto - Tom helped me a lot with my gas carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #20
Jimmie
Gone Wild
Club Car

Tom will be missed
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car