lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2011, 08:15 PM   #21
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 82 ezgo, Plug not getting wet, won't turn over

Your buddy is wrong when he says you need more oil - EZGO specs are 1 oz per gallon, or 128:1 (which is a much higher ratio than say your average minibike or chainsaw, weedeater, etc - but is definitely the correct ratio).

If you want to be sure about the top end, just run to your local Advance Auto, Pep Boys, etc and rent a compression tester (most places will loan you one for a deposit) - provided you are in that 130+ range, the top end can be eliminated as a culprit.

What, if any, actual tests have you done to check your seals? I've seen a few people here trying to help you out, but we still haven't heard the results - that would go a LONG way in helping us diagnose your trouble
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm not a big fan of the finger test for compression, and 1 oz/gallon is correct.

On my 3PG, the vacuum line is below the fuel line on the fuel pump - regardless, it's easy to trace as it's the only fuel type line coming out of the crankcase on the engine.

Although the engine ran with too low an oil/gas mixture, there was still some oil in there. Usually rings and pistons and cylinders get whacked because there is no oil. Maybe one of the other guys can comment with more experience with running too low a mixture.

Before tearing the engine down and doing a rebuild, I'd get a hold of a compression tester. Also, I'd check the suction lines, and do some testing on the crank seals first.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Hello all,
I haven't had much time to work on it lately, as my wife is getting tired of it and said there's too much to do around the house. Here are some things I have tried. I got compression guages and it read 120 psi on the nose, so it seems like that looks good. I put new fuel lines all the way to the brass elbow at the tank. I sprayed wd40 at back where the clutch is at and didn't notice a leak. I checked fuel pump again and it doesn't seem to be a good stream, so maybe it is the pump after all. I took the pump off before and didn't notice any leaks, but I am still not getting fuel to the plug. Is it possible the pump can be bad even though I notice no leaking around the bottom of it? I'll keep everyone posted on my results. I can't work on it like I fully want to. I got to put centipede grass plugs all over the yard today. When I get a chance, the next thing I was going to do was to spray some carb cleaner in the breather and see if it will fire over or not. I am hoping my worries are somewhere with the carb or fuel pump. One thing I forgot that I did do was I had to put a slow bypass jet from a little bigger carb that I had, because the last one had fell out, because the nut backed off I guess, but they looked the same size.

Last edited by fingerpicker; 07-07-2011 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: kids screaming
fingerpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #24
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

if there is a small crack in the pump diaphram it won't pump good and you still will see no leak. be sure you prime the system after messing with pump. good idea on the carb spraying, just don't over do it since you have no oil going in. if it all hooked up and you tried again, did you find any gas in the carb bowl? don't have to pull the carb to check, just drop the bowl.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Madoc I got a chance to drop the bowl on the carb and it was dry in there. I am going to give it a break for a few days while my new fuel pump is coming in the mail. My wife is on my back lol. Thanks I'll keep posted.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #26
fingerpicker
Getting Wild

Ok!, I got it fired up today and it has been running great. I have taken it down my dirt road 4 or 5 times. It still baffles me, especially the carb, because I changed the 2 of these carbs about 5 times. I cleaned them top to bottom with cleaner real good and used a fine piece of wire. Here is a list of what went on- First, I replaced all the fuel lines, new line from oil reservoir, new fuel filter, and a new brass fitting at the gas tank.As I said I had 2 carbs that I was changing jets and so forth back and forth. One thing I noticed was that on one, the needle valve was seated a little lower than the other. I went with the one that was little higher. Neither one was sticking though. Also, the brass flap on the inside from the choke had one where the flap was opened half way and the other carb had the flap resting against the inside of the brass pin. I went with the one that was resting against the brass pin. Another thing I checked was the head that the carb was attached to where the oil line goes into. I was checking to see if there was a vacuum leak from that gasket. I did notice that half of the gasket was dry and the other half was wet. I checked for cracks and didn't notice any and cleaned the gasket real good. I put everything back together and prayed and it fired up on the first try. The thing that sucks is I just ordered a fuel pump for $42, because I felt sure it was the pump, oh well it won't hurt to have a spare. I thank you guys much for your help! Maybe my post will help another not getting fuel to the plug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO