lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Jayzuk
Not Yet Wild

Post Ribbon 244 will not start - plug not wet

I have 3 wheel ribbon 244 cart that I ran the tank dry (I know dumb move) I added fresh gas and now it will not start. I pulled the gas line off the carb and I get a good flow of gas when turned over, but the spark plug is not getting wet. It runs on starter fluid. I pulled the carb and gave it a good cleaning inside and out (Looks brand new now) but it did not change anything. Still the plug is not getting wet, I lost track of how many turns it took to get the long needle out of the center of the fuel bowl, so when I replaced it I tightened it until it stopped. I am thinking of backing it off one full turn and see what that does. Any advise would be great.

Thanks,

Jayzuk
Jayzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
firecart1
Getting Wild

Default Re: Ribbon 244 will not start - plug not wet

If it runs on starter fluid and you are getting gas out of the fuel line going to the carb....then I would believe that there is a restriction at the carb float needle or perhaps a plug in the inlet of the carb. I would remove the carb and disassemble the float and the needle and seat and spray carb cleaner through there and then put a shot or two of compressed air through the inlet (where the gas line connects) if air is coming out of there then you could move to the main jet and look for plugs there also. Hope it helps!!
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
firecart1
Getting Wild

also...I believe the manual states the air needle should be turned out 1.5 - 2 turns from the stop.
firecart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
Jayzuk
Not Yet Wild

You are 100% correct, I pullled the carb float needle cleaned it up and it runs like a champ. I should have cleaned this up years ago. Is the air needle should be turned out 1.5 to 2 turns from the top your talking about the long one in the center of the fuel bowl?

Many Thanks

JZ
Jayzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO