lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
chadwyk
Not Yet Wild

Default Trouble engaging engine

Hi, I have a 2005-2006 EZ-go gas golf cart with lift and A/T tires. The problem is when I press the gas pedal down the engine will crank fine but will not rev the rpm's up and engage the clutch. It will take sometimes as long as 2 minutes for the engine to build up the rpm's and finally move. when it's moving, if you lift your foot off the pedal, the cart will come to a stop and you have to wait till the engine will rev up. I'm thinking it may be the carb of something in the fuel delivery. Please, I need some help with this without spending a fortune at the dealer. Thanks. Chad
chadwyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Trouble engaging engine

Hey Chad,

Welcome here!

Although I'm a 2-smoker guy, that does sound like a fuel issue somewhere in the system, be it in the pump, lines, or carb. That it does eventually fire suggests that it is taking the feed system time to build up pressure.

I'd check the fuel system from front to back, and if you haven't changed the filter in some time (or if you've run empty or close to empty lately), this may be a good time to do it. It only takes one tank of dirty gas to plug up the filter in a jiffy.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
chadwyk
Not Yet Wild

thanks. When the fuel filter was changed, i primed the fuel pump and I did see plenty of fuel flowing through the filter. I spoke with the delear today and he said he could get it back running for about $80.00 - $100.00, that's it's probably just low compression and needs the valves to be tightened and carb cleaned. Is that a decent price to not worry about it?
chadwyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #4
ScooterMcTavish
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If he'll stick to the price and actually fix it, sounds like a good deal. However, giving the carb a good clean first is still cheaper - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Unless fixing your cart is a favourite hobby, $100 is a pretty good price for freeing up the whole Saturday you'd likely be fiddling with this IMHO.

Probably your kids would agree with that cost statement too.
ScooterMcTavish is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO