lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #21
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Cam backwards? buzzer goes off in FWD

Right...and I think looking at your top picture, it would be the one on the left since that one gets pulled when the switch goes into RVS.
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 05:15 PM   #22
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It seems possible that the metal stopbar could have come into contact with them and dammaged one or both. Maybe Gorno another more experienced carter can give you more info.
oletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:54 PM   #23
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I tried to take the red wire off of the left side micro switch and no matter which switch I touch, the two posts on that switch, or the two posts on the other micro switch, it still goes off in FWD and RVS. Any other ideas? Thank you!
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #24
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm Stumped. One of these guys will help you get through this. I am curious as to what is causing this. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:21 PM   #25
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It sounds to me like the micro that is closest to the passenger side of the cart got damages while you were installing the cam and is now stuck closed. basically power comes in on the micro closest to the batteries(we'll call it MS1) and there is a short red jumper bringing power to the micro closest to the passenger side We'll call that MS2). What appears might have happened is that when you installed the Cam upside down, the metal bar either bent the lever on the MS2 or broke it internally and now the MS2 micro is stuck closed. These micros are less than $15 each. To be on the safe side I would suggest replacing BOTH of them since damage may have occured to the MS1 micro as well.

the simple way to test is with a DVM. Put the cart in neutral. Place the black probe on the Main 36v- and place the red probe on each of the screw terminals of the MS1. You should see voltage on the post closest to the middle of the micro but not on the post closest to the batteries. Next do the same test on MS2. This time you should see voltage on the post closest to the batteries but nothing on the post closest to the outside of the cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 PM   #26
oletop
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I knew someone would teach us something. Thanks for the lesson Rabbit. Hopefully pernell can get this fixed with your explanation.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #27
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the micro switch arm has been damaged or crushed by the upside down switch cam install. That's the only thing that makes sense?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Disconnect battery, disconnect wires from that switch and break out the ohm meter. In neutral, meter should read open. Put finger under and lift the roller, switch should read around 0.2
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He doesn't have a meter........which makes it very hard to troubleshoot any situation.
I want to urge members in general, that if you are considering a controller upgrade, a voltage upgrade, and a +2 battery reconfiguration, & or a switch cam swap out, please get your hands on a DVM, you are gonna need it. I wouldn't do this install without a meter to check voltages, etc.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #30
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Doh, missed that. Sears on sale, $10.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO