lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 09:42 PM   #31
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: HD Cam backwards? buzzer goes off in FWD

I'm going to Sears tomorrow! :) I'm still stumped about the A, B, C, D post on the F&R switch...although I do have it working in Fwd and Rvs. Every diagram I can find has A at the bottom and C at the top. I have it wired as A at the top and C at the bottom as the FSIP diagram shows.

I was on the same thought process to just replace both of those micro switches. It's going to a shop tomorrow for a light install and 48v to 12v reducer. I will ask them to check the readings on those micro switches and see what they find.

Thank you to EVERYONE that has helped on this issue....especially ScottyB seeing my number on his phone about 10 times today!
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #32
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernellj954 View Post
I'm going to Sears tomorrow! :) I'm still stumped about the A, B, C, D post on the F&R switch...although I do have it working in Fwd and Rvs. Every diagram I can find has A at the bottom and C at the top. I have it wired as A at the top and C at the bottom as the FSIP diagram shows.

I was on the same thought process to just replace both of those micro switches. It's going to a shop tomorrow for a light install and 48v to 12v reducer. I will ask them to check the readings on those micro switches and see what they find.

Thank you to EVERYONE that has helped on this issue....especially ScottyB seeing my number on his phone about 10 times today!
Don't exaggerate. You only called 9 times A DVM is an essential tool for all electric cart owners. Use the SOC charts from the stickies to learn what your battery pack should read and generally be able to test and check the general workings of the cart when trouble arises ....... You did good for a guy with no meter.... and don't stress too much about the difference in the way one diagram differs from the other, remember there is more than one way to skin this cat.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #33
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ok here is the reality of the alaphabet in a nutshell.....

E-Z-GO wires this at the factory so that A is at the bottom and the letters go clockwise (as seen from the back side of the cart) from there ..... If FSIP is saying that they want A at the top, that is perfectly allright as long as you continue in a clockwise direction. Basically A and C are north/south and B and D are east/west

Here comes the real kicker though..... MANY GE motors (which FSIP carries since they sell/manufacturer GE products) are actually labeled wrong on the motor and the S1/S2 posts are reversed which means that B and D end up in the wrong place if you follow the clockwise method......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 PM   #34
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
ok here is the reality of the alaphabet in a nutshell.....

E-Z-GO wires this at the factory so that A is at the bottom and the letters go clockwise (as seen from the back side of the cart) from there ..... If FSIP is saying that they want A at the top, that is perfectly allright as long as you continue in a clockwise direction. Basically A and C are north/south and B and D are east/west

Here comes the real kicker though..... MANY GE motors (which FSIP carries since they sell/manufacturer GE products) are actually labeled wrong on the motor and the S1/S2 posts are reversed which means that B and D end up in the wrong place if you follow the clockwise method......

Say what!? Rabbit are you smoking with Alice again?
Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #35
pernellj954
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB, your replies cracked me up! UPDATE...dut dut dut duhhhhh...It was indeed a micro switch that I must have shorted when I installed the Cam upside down with the silver metal tab at the top instead of the bottom...EVEN THOUGH ScottyBs' diagram states in bold red letters to mount the other way!

My cart is now fixed. Went to the custom cart shop (EZ-GO dealer), for lights, 12V outlet and reducer install. They replaced the bad micro switch and gave me a free lube and a couple new keys (with their key chain ofcourse) for FREE! Very nice dealing with them!...and had a Happy Ending...

I also noticed that the micro switch being bad dropped my power DRASTICALLY! I took it down the road after doing the install (and two new Trojan batteries that I hadn't charged yet) and it was so slow and lack of power that I turned around after 1 house. With the new switch in place, I went to load it and could tell a HUGE difference in tq and speed like I expected I would have after the install. So much so that I almost flipped it loading it into the back of the truck! Again, WHY ME????

I'll post my new speed according to my gps after my new charger gets here and I charge it up this weekend. It was 15 mph before the conversion.

Thanks again for all your help guys....and the great products/customer service from ScottyB!!!

Last edited by pernellj954; 08-24-2011 at 02:13 PM.. Reason: spelling
pernellj954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #36
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Glad everythign worked out allright in the end. and don't beat yourself up for the install.... we ALL make mistakes like that.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:53 PM   #37
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Say what!? Rabbit are you smoking with Alice again?
no but the first time I saw it happen I thought I had been smoking......
Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 PM   #38
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
no but the first time I saw it happen I thought I had been smoking......
Say What?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO