lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #1
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default TXT Pedal ?

I have been wondering how far the pedal should have to move for the solenoid to activate? On both our 96 and 94 Series carts, the top of the acc. pedal moves about 1.25-1.5 inches before the solenoid activates.

Is this normal? Just seems that it has a lot of movement but these are the first carts I have messed with. Everything else I drive has instant action.....cars, truck, mower.....all gas though.

Both pedals are tight and the carts run fine....just checking the little things.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT Pedal ?

more than 1" sounds like a lot to me, I think my 98 TXT (Series) goes about 1/2" until the solenoid engages, then there is probably another 1/4-1/2 inch until the controller sends enough juice to get the cart moving. If this is what you are experiencing, then I would think that you are in the normal range, but if you have to push more than 1" to get the solenoid to engage, then there may be an adjustment that needs adjusting.

P.S. All measurments are from the top of the Go Pedal.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #3
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lift the floormat and remove the cover from the box. If memory serves, the correct amount of spacing at the rear of the ITS sensor is 17/64". Slip the shank of a drill bit into the space to check and adjust as necessary. Your pedal travel sounds similar to mine.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #4
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info......will check things out.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO